Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ROS webpage different CO2 to my V5C

Options
  • 02-07-2008 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have bought an Audi A6 its jan 2006, the ros webpage has given me a qoute of 8000 or there abouts as it says the car has co2 emissions of 169 which is 24% but my manual says 172 which outs it into the 28% bracket.

Do the VRO check your V5C document or simply take the printout you bring with you from thw ros webpage?

Also if you input the higher percentage of 28% the OMSP goes up as well bt over 2 grand

Do anyone thinK i should chance going in with the ROS printout?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You have to give them the V5 anyway to reregister the car. I'd do it ASAP, as they may not be completely up to speed with the new system. That said, i'd be surprised if they did not levy VRT based on the figure on the V5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

The figure they use is from he V5C, if any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I would think V5 also, their online stuff is only a guide - a quick calculator that gives you a figure based on a generic spec.
    If they're going to the bother of checking specs/optional extras value etc, I'd say they'll check registration paperwork too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Phone them up and ask.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

There seem to be some inconsistencies on the new system..

2002 e46 BMW 325i says 217g/km
    2002 e46 BMW 325i SE says 229g/km

They have the exact same engine.. the only differences are cosmetic spec..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

spockety wrote: »
    There seem to be some inconsistencies on the new system..

2002 e46 BMW 325i says 217g/km
    2002 e46 BMW 325i SE says 229g/km

They have the exact same engine.. the only differences are cosmetic spec..?

yep, and both could still be right, technically. The reason for this is weight - the car in SE spec is (probably) heavier, due to (extras, a/c/climate/sunroof?), so will require more energy to push the car around - this means you use more juice, hence more CO2.

Fun, isn't it ?? :D:D

A carbon fibre clad car of the same ilk, would have lower emissions too, for the same reason...........

You can see now, how complicated this could get - if you spec a car, new, it's rated as XX g/km. If you add a bunch of accessories..........will the declared CO2 cert on the new vehicle be altered to indicate the new, true, CO2 figure??........mmmm, interesting..............:) What do you say AudiChris/E92 ? Been given any guidance on this issue at work ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

galwaytt wrote: »
    yep, and both could still be right, technically. The reason for this is weight - the car in SE spec is (probably) heavier, due to (extras, a/c/climate/sunroof?), so will require more energy to push the car around - this means you use more juice, hence more CO2.

Fun, isn't it ?? :D:D

A carbon fibre clad car of the same ilk, would have lower emissions too, for the same reason...........

You can see now, how complicated this could get - if you spec a car, new, it's rated as XX g/km. If you add a bunch of accessories..........will the declared CO2 cert on the new vehicle be altered to indicate the new, true, CO2 figure??........mmmm, interesting..............:) What do you say AudiChris/E92 ? Been given any guidance on this issue at work ?

No guidance so far, although I'd expect the declared CO2 figure from the manufacturer will be taken from the base car.

If you wanted to individualise the CO2 assessment vehicle by vehicle it would be impossible to govern or implement - different CO2 readings depending on how big your alloys are, how many toys you have? What's next, lower CO2 reading if you promise never to turn your A/C on, higher reading if you're really fat and have fat children?

Impossible imho.

E92, you have any info on this from other markets (too lazy to look when I know you already have the answer off the top of your head :p)?

Advertisement