Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Helmet recommendations:

• 02-07-2008 11:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am buying a new helmet and am thinking of buying this one, I like the look of it but from another thread I dont know if it is such a good buy. I like the style of it, and wanted it in white as I find that white helmets are spotted a bit easier on the roads. I cant get it in white here, but can get it in silver:

http://www.allmoto.ie/products.php?sec=28&subsec=61&product_id=453

I am quiete safety conscious but wanted something a bit cool looking to offset my flourescent yellow Hein Gericke Jacket,

Any opinions or banter both welcome and appreciated,

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

With a white helmet and a fluoro jacket you will look like a cop. Now that does make you visible, but some riders who have gear like that find that car drivers brake suddenly in front of them when they think its a bike cop behind them. A small point, but worth noting. :)

Is it important to you to have a peaked helmet? Whats your bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Crazy money for a helmet IMO...

Check out the helmet prices on Cardy.fr. I know it's a French site but that's where I get my helmets from. You can get a great helmet for a third of that price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

I have a honda Varadero 125,

I like the look of that helmet, just think it looks class,

will have a look at that steffano, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

If you like it in white try here. Its a UK website but I know they have shipped to Ireland for a mate of mine.

http://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product.asp?ProductID=737

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

OP - have you driven with a peaked helmet before?

Depending on your screen, the wind buffeting tends to make your head jolt back at anything over 50mph.

Hey Colm C,

No I hav'nt ridden with a peaked lid before, most if not all my stuff is into and around town, and my bike tops out at about 60 mph.

Has anyone any other suggestions or alternatives,

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you like a flip helmet the new Shark Evoline is pretty good. The boxer is ok, but its more about looks than functionality to me. It is a very popular lid though.

When buying a lid it is worth checking the sharp ratings for safety, but bear in mind they only test the shell, not the inner liners, nor do they take any account of comfort, fit, styling or noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

BMW also do a peaked lid, I think it's about the same price.

If you can make it to any bike shop to try on a few different lids and brands, the comfort and fit are much more important than the style, once you have the correct fitting you can look online for a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭The Sheriffk

Take a trip over to Cotters in the western parkway ind est . He has a massive selection and alot cheaper than your looking to pay . Dont bother with a peaked lid unless you have the neck muscles of the hulk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭cutepape

gabgab wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am buying a new helmet and am thinking of buying this one, I like the look of it but from another thread I dont know if it is such a good buy. I like the style of it, and wanted it in white as I find that white helmets are spotted a bit easier on the roads. I cant get it in white here, but can get it in silver:

http://www.allmoto.ie/products.php?sec=28&subsec=61&product_id=453

I am quiete safety conscious but wanted something a bit cool looking to offset my flourescent yellow Hein Gericke Jacket,

Any opinions or banter both welcome and appreciated,

I bought mine from FC-moto, they ship with UPS.

And dont by the old X model when you can have the new X2 model for less..

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Categories/motorradhelme-Helmets/Arai-Helmets/Arai-TOUR-X

Around €400 is a decent price for a helmet. personally I would not put a helmet under €150 on my head... my head is more important to me then that.
    Thats just my $0.02 and Im sure many doesnt agree..

to stay on topic the Tour X2 works great.. But helmets are pesonal..

good luck with your search!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmax

Try the Shoei XR1000 perhaps - it's one of the best noise buffeters

Advertisement