Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Community Service?

• 02-07-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

i was just wondering whether working in a library would count as community service, or would it just be work experience?

and what about a hospital?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Probably would, once its voluntary, call up your local library and ask. Not too sure about the hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 somewhatxdazed

Thanks! but i ended up getting a week in oxfam in town. basically an excuse top spend as much time in town as possibe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TransititionMan

Im gunna try a hospital alright just for experience like, going to ask them though a few weeks in advance for permission.

For the Gaisce award now im doing 39 weeks in the local Irish Cancer Society, an hour a week.
    Im delighted =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

For the Gaisce award now im doing 39 weeks in the local Irish Cancer Society, an hour a week.
    Im delighted =]
    thats so much fun to do the gaisce award that is just carp

• Advertisement

Do you actually follow me around and disagree with everything I say like?
    I think Gaisce will be brilliant, all in all, and me being English should be one of the last to say that.
    I really dont know what your promblem is and youd really want to get it sorted.
    Also, back on topic, Ive realised for physical im going to the gym, and for skill Im either learning first aid or doing an ECDL course in UCC.

Do you actually follow me around and disagree with everything I say like?
    I think Gaisce will be brilliant, all in all, and me being English should be one of the last to say that.
    I really dont know what your promblem is and youd really want to get it sorted.
    Also, back on topic, Ive realised for physical im going to the gym, and for skill Im either learning first aid or doing an ECDL course in UCC.
    evary one who loves school likes ty and be a big goodey goodey at the end off it not be hard ass like me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

xbox36016 wrote: »
    evary one who loves school likes ty and be a big goodey goodey at the end off it not be hard ass like me

That made no sense at all as the spelling was ****e and so was the grammar. I assume you mean "everyone who loves school likes transition year and is a big goody goody at the end of it, not a 'hard ass' like me"

1. By the looks of your spelling, grammar and chosen forum username you're not even old enough to be part of transition year.
    2. Calling yourself a hard ass on the internet makes you look like an absolute gob****e.
    3. You seem to have some form of anger problem as all you're doing is trolling the forum looking for attention.

Do us a favor and run along back to primary school you child:rolleyes:

RMD wrote: »
    That made no sense at all as the spelling was ****e and so was the grammar. I assume you mean "everyone who loves school likes transition year and is a big goody goody at the end of it, not a 'hard ass' like me"

1. By the looks of your spelling, grammar and chosen forum username you're not even old enough to be part of transition year.
    2. Calling yourself a hard ass on the internet makes you look like an absolute gob****e.
    3. You seem to have some form of anger problem as all you're doing is trolling the forum looking for attention.

ha ha very funny and i am in 5th year so thare doing evary thing a higer laval so thare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jiminywimilybob

RMD wrote: »

Stop being a prick mate..Hes dislexic..No need to just assume things..Cause if you do you can G.T.F.O ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ha ha very funny and i am in 5th year so thare doing evary thing a higer laval so thare

I have to agree that your spelling and grammer are worse than a 6 year old and you do seem to be wandering around the boards like a troll
    Stop being a ****k mate..Hes dislexic..No need to just assume things..Cause if you do you can... ok
    Oh such a reasoned discussion! It's Dyslexic by the way!

Others have embraced the opportunities of TY and seem to be planning on making the most of it. This Xbox character is just a sneer and spoiler who sees no benefit in anything. It's a long road ahead with that attitude!

no theres not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

no theres not

Not what? A lot of people embracing TY? There certainly are and this can be seen in the posts and vote here.

No a long road ahead? I'm afraid as long as you continue to act the maggot, can't write and think customers are deserving of nothing but contempt (other thread, sorry folks) then I can assure you it will be.

:cool:

Classic.
    Id love to be a "hard ass" who slags people who do TY and thinks their the bomb. :rolleyes:
    Unfortunatly though, the cons are worse than the pros.
    The bit I would dislike is the point where you fail the Leaving Cert and end up working in the back of Tescos for the rest of your life.
    That bit of it is rather bad and I cant see me "fitting in" with that group.
    Unfortuantly of course!
    Also the bad spelling is bad for the two Ty opposers, are you dyslexic to jim?
    Or just a bad speller?
    Ah sure, what business is it of mine? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Jesus Christ you're making me feel like the mother of bickering children rather than a mod, there's already been one ban, now cop on or there'll be more. No more personal insults, smart comments, constant negative attitudes, you're in 4th YEAR not 4th CLASS.

BACK ON TOPIC, NOW.

Hmmm,
    Harsh... :rolleyes:
    Anyway, as I was ordered Ill get back on topic. :)
    Starting Community service for Gaisce now this Tuesday,
    Every Tuesday 1 hour a week, 4-5, for 39 weeks.
    Casually looking forward to it =]
    Doing it with a mate anyway so it should be alright =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭herewegoagain

Hmmm,
    Harsh... :rolleyes:
    Anyway, as I was ordered Ill get back on topic. :)
    Starting Community service for Gaisce now this Tuesday,
    Every Tuesday 1 hour a week, 4-5, for 39 weeks.
    Casually looking forward to it =]
    Doing it with a mate anyway so it should be alright =]

That should be fun...:rolleyes:

Naive person I am I'll think you totaly agreed with my last comment andf share with you further that Im doing an ECDL course for my skill ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

For my community I'm doing this programme with my school called Fast Friends. Every second week a couple of TYs go to a special school, or they come to us,and we entertain them and whatnot, its really cool!
    I do horseriding lessons, does anyone know if that could count as my skill? Because I already have a sport...

Advertisement