Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fleet Size

Options
  • 02-07-2008 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am trying to find out the fleet sizes of the road haulage companies, parcel delivery companies and bus companies etc.

Is this information available anywhere? (Other than ringing them!)

Thanks

TempPeck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You could try asking the crowd that has the existing fleet contracts with these companies :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭TempPeck

The likes of Transland Express, DHL, Bus Eireann all own their own vehicles.

Are there any listings or publications anywhere about fleet sizes?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Contact the Companies Registration Office (http://www.cro.ie/ ) and ask for their accounts. They should have all their assets on them. If they are leasing then there could be confidentiallity issues and you may not get any info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭gogs2006

Are you looking for any particular Haulage companies??

The Dept Of Transport would have a record of vehicles on a Road Carrier's Licence issued to a Licensed haulier

They may not be willing to share this information though!!!

No companies in particular.

I have a new product and I'd like to figure out who has the biggest fleets of vehicles so I can target them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

TempPeck wrote: »

I have a new product and I'd like to figure out who has the biggest fleets of vehicles so I can target them.

What is the product?

The biggest doesn't necessarily mean the best!!!

Are you looking for Warehousing or transport in general?????

Its a fuel saving device. Unfortunately I can't go into too much detail untill the launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

PM me when you launch it. I work for a transport company. Not that big though.

Will do!

• Advertisement

Its a fuel saving device. Unfortunately I can't go into too much detail untill the launch.

I'd be very interested!!! keep us posted about the launch!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Would it be worth calling the Road Haulier's Association or a similar body? They may know who has the biggest fleets.

Hi All,

We have launched the "Green Fuel Enhancer"!
    You can find out about it here <REMOVED>

It existed before but was called the ESE. There is a report here in the Farmers Journal about it. <REMOVED>

The product was taken off the market temporarily to facilitate improvements, a new manufacturing plant and new patents (Ireland, UK and USA) but is now back.

I have yet to test any vehicle that has not shown a reduction in emissions. A sample of the results are shown here:
    <REMOVED>
    You can click on the vehicles in the second table to see scans of the test results.

If you have any questions or would like more information please don't hesitate to contact me.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I have some questions...
    1. Why don't any of your external links work?
    2. What independently verifiable tests have been done?
    3. What are you measuring in your test results?
    4. How does the change in that measurement affect fuel consumption?
    5. If such a simple product really works, in the current environment where fuel consumption and emissions are major selling point, why aren't there any major manufacturers fitting this device?

russ_bottle.jpg

I accept your scepicism. This type of product is like acupuncture...seems too good to be true and some people won't accept that something so small and simple works as well as it does.

We have invested alot of money in this product and I can assure you that we would not have done so if we weren't convinced of the results. We have been testing for over a year now before we started distributing and have found no evidence to suggest the the GFE does anything but reduce emissions by creating a more efficiently burning fuel.

To answer your questions:

1. All links work fine, please try again.
    2. I will PM you re: independant results.
    3. I am measuring smoke density which is what the DOE and NCT measure.
    4. Fuel that is burned more effeciantly produces less unburned hydrocarbons. i.e. less smoke. More efficient burning means you need less fuel to achieve the same result.
    5. You'd have to ask them!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

How does the ESE unit work?

The device employs two high-powered permanent magnets that are enclosed in a special configuration, called a Faraday Housing.

The unit differs considerably from anything else on the market according to the unit's designer, Tom Gunne.

The entire unit actually fits into the fuel line between the filter and the fuel pump rather than being clamped around the line. This is done to eliminate the presence of steel piping in the vicinity of the magnets.

The ESE device incorporates it's own section of copper-piped fuel line. Copper does not affect the performance of the magnets. Both sides of the copper pipe are flattened where the magnets are fitted. The reason for this is that flat magnets are stronger and generate magnetic fields that are more concentrated.

The actual effect of the resultant magnetic field is beyond the scope of this article. In layman's terms, the fuel molecules become aligned and positively charged. When the fuel now enters the cylinder head it is instantly attracted to the negatively charged air molecules. This leads to a more consistent fuel-air ionised mixture inside the chamber, which results in a cleaner burn.
    Permanent magnets in a Farady cage? ROFLMAO

See this also http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2006/08/savegas.shtm and this http://www.aardvark.co.nz/fuelsaverscams.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I will PM you re: independant results.

Put them up here for everyone to see or I'll just have to close this as spam/scam.

1. All links work fine.

<REMOVED, as they don't work anyway>
    TempPeck wrote:
    2. I will PM you re: independant results.
    I look forward to them.
    TempPeck wrote:
    3. I am measuring smoke density which is what the DOE and NCT measure.
    What are the measurement units?
    TempPeck wrote:
    4. Fuel that is burned more effeciantly produces less unburned hydrocarbons. i.e. less smoke. More efficient burning means you need less fuel to achieve the same result.
    Why not measure the unburned hydrocarbons then, surely that is the best measure of recoverable fuel?

TempPeck wrote:
    5. Youd have to ask them!
    I think that one may have been rhetorical ;)

As you can see the report in the Farmers Journal is independant testing.

I have others but I can't put them up yet as I don't have permission.
    They will be put up on the site as soon as I can.

The smoke meters I use measure in (m-1) or K, which is as I said what is measured in the DOE or NCT. This is a measure of unburned Hydrocarbons .... that is essentially what smoke is.

Some people still believe the Moon Landing was a fake so I'm not going to get upset if I can't convince everyone the GFE works.

I hope anyone that is interesed in the product or would like to arrange a demonstration please PM me.

Apologies you are correct the <REMOVED> website is not working. This is the manufacturers website and I will check out the problem.

He sent on smoke test results, negligible sample size, no controls so completely irrelevant data. He described it as being like acupuncture in terms of people not understanding how it works, I'd say homeopathy would be closer to the mark.
    I wouldn't be investing my money in this one and I hope for your sake Face man, you haven't sunk too much into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

As you can see the report in the Farmers Journal is independant testing.

I have others but I can't put them up yet as I don't have permission.
    They will be put up on the site as soon as I can.

The farmers journal is independent testing?

errrr ...no

That's it for me anyway ...thread closed and links will be removed until such time when you can supply independently measured and verified results.

PM me when you have those and I will re-open the thread for you to post them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement