Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACA classes at the weekends?

• 02-07-2008 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi

Just looking to find out what the classes for the ACA are like for CAP1.
    I will be starting in september. From scratch I might add as I have no previous experience.

Do the classes run evey weekend (all day)

I play hockey matches on saturdays and was really hoping that I wont miss out

(Redeye sorry for hyjacking your thread earlier... pure laziness on my part :))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

hockeygirl wrote: »
    Hi

Just looking to find out what the classes for the ACA are like for CAP1.
    I will be starting in september. From scratch I might add as I have no previous experience.

Do the classes run evey weekend (all day)

I play hockey matches on saturdays and was really hoping that I wont miss out

(Redeye sorry for hyjacking your thread earlier... pure laziness on my part :))

Yeah all CAP1 exams are on the weekends, 9.30-4.30 a majority (but not quite all) of Sat and Sundays.

But in fairness the attendance at them is generally fairly poor and you can come and go as you please (including myself in that) so dont feel to guilty if you skip of for sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭hockeygirl

Thanks for the reply.

Considering Im starting from scratch though I prob shouldnt miss the lectures.

Might be able to fit in one match a month... which sucks but suppose these sacrafices have to be made.

Are you based in dublin? Do you know where the classes are held?

Thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

on in 2 different locations around dublin (i didnt do cap1 this year but my house mate did)

this year one of the groups was in UCD, not sure where else there held

But with prof 3's dosent matter which group ur assigned to really, just goto which ever lectures suit you, attendance is so poor capacity isnt an issues.

I was the same as you lst year, said i better goto all my lectures but it takes a super commitment to work during the week (stupidly long hours usually) and then drag urself to college on the weekends

Good luck to you if you can manage it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

I did CAP1 externally so I dont know how often they are, but they were on in a combination of UCD, Griffith College and the NCI in dublin. I did go to one lecture with a friend and it was mostly empty and lasted from 9.30 to 4.30 (really 10 to 4 with an hour for lunch)

Advertisement