Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portable hair straighteners

Options
  • 02-07-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hey laydees

I'm going to a festival soon, and being the vain so-n-so that I am, I know I'll need a straightener (my hair goes mental without it basically)

Any good ones (cheap!) that ya can recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Portable hair straightners only have a life of about 40 mins from when you've charged them. Are you sure you can't just tie it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

gubbie wrote: »
    Are you sure you can't just tie it up?

Lol.

Portable GHDs would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hey!

A few years ago I got a Braun hair straightener that ran on gas cartridges. It was about £12 ( Yes, this was awhile ago ;)) from Power City.
    No idea if they're still about or an updated version of them, but I hope it is of some use!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Festivals had a big thing last year called The Powder Room for wimmin folk to refresh themselves. Have you ever been to a festival before? If not you'll probably realise very quickly you don't care anymore. I honestly did not look in a mirror for three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Straighteners at a festival?!?! You arent one of them are you! :P
    Ah no im only joking, was dying for one myself the first day but like was said after a few hours you wont give a **** esp if it rains all wknd!

did you check argos tho usually cheap enough stuff in there. But dont be surprised if its lifted from your tent on you!

Enjoy the festival!

Im surprised this hasnt been locked considering the 'festival' mention. I got banned from gigs for mentioning that i was going to a concert i never actually named in the thread! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Did you mention date or venue or anything... cuz there are many festivals could be europe or whatever. Generaly if nothing particular is mentioned then i dont think there is an issue. As for the topic, trust me you should not bother with one tie your hair back and enjoy yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

I am the proud owner of a gas ran straightener AND curler!!! (not for festivals, im a scout leader and if i am staying in a field for 14 days i WILL straighten my hair lol)

Argos, and if your staying in ireland for your festival the outdoor adventure store on liffey st (i think) or great outdoors down temple bar way sell lil gas cans

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

after a day or 2 at a festival (a showerless one anyway) your hair will be so greasy and/or dirty that the straightener would probably destroy it or it would destroy the straightener.

but youll probabaly be too tired/drunk to care :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

If you are looking at availing of the Powder Room some of those festivals are very busy and you need to be up early to miss the queues - which i'd class as dedication!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

tescos in finglas had portable straightners.. not GHD though

• Advertisement
Advertisement