Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coonagh SC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

meh, good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

with that nametag, and with your thoughts expressed here, you obviously don't like the city, why don't you just push off and go live elsewhere instead of doing everything you can to downgrade the city. Using a nametag like you have chosen, you couldn't possibly be proud or even pretend to show a fondness for Limerick. You are not just being realistic - you are totally negative.

oh well wrote: »
    with that nametag, and with your thoughts expressed here, you obviously don't like the city, why don't you just push off and go live elsewhere instead of doing everything you can to downgrade the city. Using a nametag like you have chosen, you couldn't possibly be proud or even pretend to show a fondness for Limerick. You are not just being realistic - you are totally negative.

oh well u know what to do if u dont like it push off out of this forum.. i chose this nametag to annoy stupid people.. envoke a reaction and u know what it works everytime!! well for the stupid people anyway.. i love the city i just dont like the way its being managed.. and if my comments hurt you so much that you have to personally attack me i think maybe you should go back and bury your head in the sand again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

oh well. that's the most simple solution. put all critics in a big camp and everything is hunky dory in this little beautyful, peaceful town!

BUT: that doesn't convert a ****hole into Utopia! Welcome to reality!

oh well. that's the most simple solution. put all critics in a big camp and everything is hunky dory in this little beautyful, peaceful town!

im not being critical of the city.. its my home and has been for best part of 31 yrs.. im being critical of these empty promises and pipe dreams being fed to us daily in the limerick "media" by men and women who just want their pic in the out & about section of the post standing next to some government official cutting a red rope.. opera houses, shopping centres what about the F**KING kids?? the future.. what are we doing for them?? took 5 yrs to build a f**king skatepark the size of the palm of my hand.. with no roof so far i might add so good luck skating in the new pool as opposed to a park.. these people have no foresight.. look at the roads!! the traffic lights on the ballysimon another example.. the marina!! the list goes on..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Not really, but some us feel the town is improving and I don't see why the viewpoint is so objectionable to people.

I mate of mine moved here in the last year and he can't get over how negative everyone is in the city. He was just going through the improvements that he's seen in the last year alone (as an outsider) and doesn't get why some people feel the need to keep denying that any improvement is being made.

Limerick city, like most places, is what you make of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Limerick city, like most places, is what you make of it.

+1

Went shopping there on Saturday. Had a really great time strolling around the place. Went for a yummy lunch in Bella Italia, strolled for another while. Had coffee and cakes sitting outside Cruises Street and it was great.
    Can't wait til I do it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    +1

Went shopping there on Saturday. Had a really great time strolling around the place. Went for a yummy lunch in Bella Italia, strolled for another while. Had coffee and cakes sitting outside Cruises Street and it was great.
    Can't wait til I do it again!
    +2 im a blow in 2 and love the place, it is what you make of it, ul has great facilities, new ice skating rick on the way, hopefully get rid of the bowling alley and get a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

by using a name which is used by the media in a degoratory way to protray a myth about Limerick, you are only feeding the hand which seeks to put Limerick down. All the good things which are happening and are planned for Limerick will continue to happen despite your negative comments. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so too Limerick will take years to come together but at least it is getting there. Little by little it will develop and build itself up.

oh well wrote: »
    by using a name which is used by the media in a degoratory way to protray a myth about Limerick, you are only feeding the hand which seeks to put Limerick down. All the good things which are happening and are planned for Limerick will continue to happen despite your negative comments. Rome wasn't built in a day, and so too Limerick will take years to come together but at least it is getting there. Little by little it will develop and build itself up.

that is the most pathetic thing i have ever heard what bearing does my user name on a forum on the internet have on a city the size of limerick.. its people like you who are whinging about the name that has fueled the fire.. if you stopped crying about being called names and actually got up off you A*S and tried to stem the cause of getting the name in the first place then maybe the name would have been dropped long ago.. dont get me wrong im not blaming you for the troubles limerick has had but i do blame the community of which you are a part of.. if a tenth of what is being invested in construction and legal fees was actually put into the community maybe we wouldnt be in this mess.. would you like to place a wager that "All the good things which are happening and are planned for Limerick will continue to happen". i was reading this week that its inevitable that the regeneration scheme which was supposed to "sort out" limerick could now be pushed back or put on hold.. and hello limerick is already built if they hadnt done such a bad job the first time then they wouldnt have to be covering their tracks these days.. we are easily 20 years behind a comparable city in some other countries and this is down to city planners of yesteryear.. we have no decent amenities, roads, public transport, broadband infrastructure the list goes on.. and if we didnt get these things during the times of the celtic tiger then your are delusional if you think that the "regeneration" of limerick will continue throughout this recession..

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    that is the most pathetic thing i have ever heard what bearing does my user name on a forum on the internet have on a city the size of limerick.. its people like you who are whinging about the name that has fueled the fire.. if you stopped crying about being called names and actually got up off you A*S and tried to stem the cause of getting the name in the first place then maybe the name would have been dropped long ago.. dont get me wrong im not blaming you for the troubles limerick has had but i do blame the community of which you are a part of.. if a tenth of what is being invested in construction and legal fees was actually put into the community maybe we wouldnt be in this mess.. would you like to place a wager that "All the good things which are happening and are planned for Limerick will continue to happen". i was reading this week that its inevitable that the regeneration scheme which was supposed to "sort out" limerick could now be pushed back or put on hold.. and hello limerick is already built if they hadnt done such a bad job the first time then they wouldnt have to be covering their tracks these days.. we are easily 20 years behind a comparable city in some other countries and this is down to city planners of yesteryear.. we have no decent amenities, roads, public transport, broadband infrastructure the list goes on.. and if we didnt get these things during the times of the celtic tiger then your are delusional if you think that the "regeneration" of limerick will continue throughout this recession..

The recession is over rated, we'll be fine.

The recession is over rated, we'll be fine.

tell that to my 115 ex workmates who lost their jobs in shannon.. i know its early but wake up..

tell that to my 115 ex workmates who lost their jobs in shannon.. i know its early but wake up..

They're probably glad of a break from you for a while.

They're probably glad of a break from you for a while.

oh so because i have an opinion i have no friends.. quite the contrary..

oh so because i have an opinion i have no friends.. quite the contrary..

You have friends because of your opinions?

fair enough. Relax it a bit.

You have friends because of your opinions?

fair enough. Relax it a bit.

no i have opinions and i have friends.. relax what is this a disscussion forum or a place to come and talk about your fav bars everyday..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Guys it is a pointless arguement, as both of you are right.

Limerick does have a lot of bad points, and lots of pie in the sky headlines about new shopping centres, mainly said by people who want their face in the paper for their own benefit.

But there is also a lot of good points about Limerick that are to be proud of also, and normally they are the kind of things that do not get the headlines.

I think the reason why a lot of people get worked up over the bad stuff is because they want the city to be better and because they are proud of it and want it to be as good as it can be.

Plus who better to defend and/or attack Limerick than those in it.

From my own experiences, none are better at knocking Limerick than those who are from Limerick, but those same people are normally the ones that defend it to the hilt when it is being slagged off by those from outside the city/county.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Guys it is a pointless arguement, as both of you are right.

Limerick does have a lot of bad points, and lots of pie in the sky headlines about new shopping centres, mainly said by people who want their face in the paper for their own benefit.

But there is also a lot of good points about Limerick that are to be proud of also, and normally they are the kind of things that do not get the headlines.

I think the reason why a lot of people get worked up over the bad stuff is because they want the city to be better and because they are proud of it and want it to be as good as it can be.

Plus who better to defend and/or attack Limerick than those in it.

From my own experiences, none are better at knocking Limerick than those who are from Limerick, but those same people are normally the ones that defend it to the hilt when it is being slagged off by those from outside the city/county.

well said...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Yeah well said sham. I'll have to be dug out of that shower who have their photo in the post when I catch em. The Keanes, Ryans, McC-D's, and Kelly family altogether wouldn't hold me back. I swear to God - hold my jacket there bud...

no i have opinions and i have friends.. relax what is this a disscussion forum or a place to come and talk about your fav bars everyday..

Now that's a rhetorical question, isn't it?! ;)

Of course we are here to discuss. Our five best restaurants, our five best bars, our five best DJs, our five best nightclubs. And we do polls as well. Our five best restaurants, our five best bars, our five best DJs, our five best nightclubs. This are the things that really matter here!

If you don't like our top five whatevers go to the Galway forum!

• Advertisement

If you don't like our top five whatevers go to the Galway forum!

if you dont like my posts why dont you go to the galway forum..

if you dont like my posts why dont you go to the galway forum..

can't. d'you know why? i have to explain the words irony and sarcasm...

sorry for leaving the irony tags out in my previous posting!

:rolleyes:

can't. d'you know why? i have to explain the words irony and sarcasm...

sorry for leaving the irony tags out in my previous posting!

:rolleyes:

not to worry im sick of this thread anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Good now we might have some posts about Coonagh shopping centre

lasno wrote: »

like thats its crap..

lasno wrote: »

do you have to disclose anything regarding the Coonagh SC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Was actually talking to the owner of one of the contracting companies for Coonagh. Said it was more a matter of market saturation than anything else. And without the draw of the bigger shops, the smaller Thorntons types aren't going to bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

I hope its not true but I overheard a conversation in a restaurant yesterday where one lady stated with conviction that Tescos in Coonagh were closing. I happen to like the place and support it when I can. Anyone have any insights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Perhaps a quick search or browse of this forum? Might reduce the number of duplicate posts:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055326663

If I was a mod I'd merge but I'm not. Meh.

Advertisement