Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Aghhhhh!!! Bloody Jobsworths!!!

Options
  • 02-07-2008 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Last year I got my NCT on 7th of August 2007.
    This year it's due on 26th July 2008. No problem, I apply, the next available date is 15th August 2008. The car is fine about 7,000 miles on it since anyway, cops'll be fine I have a date set yadda yadda.

Guess what ? My bloody driving test is set for the 7th of August 2008!!! You think anybody would budge a bit either way?

I wouldn't mind but the last time I tried to sit the test my insurance company sent me the wrong insurance disc, for my old car so I couldn't sit that either. Despite being 20 minutes ahead of time the guy wouldn't let me get the insurance company fax correct details or anything. Probably looking to his forward cup of tea and read of the paper.

And don't mention the bleeding RSA all going to lunch at the same time. WTF?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I thought the NCT was every two years or is it different for different models or ages of car?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Petrolium Hat

studiorat wrote: »
    Last year I got my NCT on 7th of August 2007.
    This year it's due on 26th July 2008. No problem, I apply, the next available date is 15th August 2008. The car is fine about 7,000 miles on it since anyway, cops'll be fine I have a date set yadda yadda.

Guess what ? My bloody driving test is set for the 7th of August 2008!!! You think anybody would budge a bit either way?

I wouldn't mind but the last time I tried to sit the test my insurance company sent me the wrong insurance disc, for my old car so I couldn't sit that either. Despite being 20 minutes ahead of time the guy wouldn't let me get the insurance company fax correct details or anything. Probably looking to his forward cup of tea and read of the paper.

And don't mention the bleeding RSA all going to lunch at the same time. WTF?

Have you tired getting an earlier NCT date, im sure that wouldnt be a problem, particularly if you put youself on a cancellation list.

It's awkward but in the grand scheme of things, if that's your biggest stress then I want your job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

ztoical wrote: »
    I thought the NCT was every two years or is it different for different models or ages of car?

two years from date of last test. I bought a car recently and the NCT had expired last september, so when i got it NCT'd (last month) that brought it up to september 09

OP, put yourself on a cancellation list. I did and got one within 6 days. It was on a sunday morning bout 9 - probably an appointment someone else didnt want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

It's awkward but in the grand scheme of things, if that's your biggest stress then I want your job.

Job's full of stress, but as the company director it's my own particular stress so that's ok :o
    It's the niggly things when dealing with the Man that gets me everytime...
    Gonna chance going out first thing in the morning. See what happens!
    NCT guys are out the door what with all the testing going on.

I drive like an old lady, I've driven motorbikes for years, not happy with the idea of some dude with a clipboard telling me if I'm a safe driver or not. I am BTW...

Advertisement