Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best game you never played?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭

What is the game that you never got around to playing but always wished you had. For me its either Psychonauts or Okami. Ive heard great things about both games, before and after they came out but for some reason I never got around to buying or even renting them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭eamonhonda

how do i know if i never plaed them. stupid thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

fitz0 wrote: »
    What is the game that you never got around to playing but always wished you had. For me its either Psychonauts or Okami. Ive heard great things about both games, before and after they came out but for some reason I never got around to buying or even renting them.

Read the thread before posting.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I never played Hide the pink bishop with a supermodel in a hotelroom before.

That and MGS4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Psychonauts is a good one, I never played any of the FF games, though I think I wouldn't like them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

None really. Anything I've ever wanted to play, I usually just went out and got it, unless it was an Xbox exclusive (I don't have a 360). I suppose I'd like to have a bash at Saints Row, although I know **** all about it.

• Advertisement

It's a poor mans GTA4, that's all you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Dues Ex and Goldeneye

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Goldeneye is pretty dreadful nowadays.

My two biggest shames are system shock 2 and Deus ex.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Goldeneye is pretty dreadful nowadays.

My two biggest shames are system shock 2 and Deus ex.

Wash out your mouth. Goldeneye is still great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

All of the old Lucasarts adventure games.

I know I'd almost certainly enjoy them because I love the Broken Sword games, which I played on PS1, but I never had a PC at the time all those games were coming out, and never got round to catching up.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

All Final Fantasy games apart from III I think and even then I failed to finish it because I lost it for a couple of months on the GBA then found it again and couldn't get back in.

Add to that the likes of System Shock2, Fallout 1/2 that somehow bypassed me. And now I can't play them because the graphics really look too shabby nowadays - not a great reason not to play but distracting enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

Baldurs Gate 1&2 & TOB, Planescape Torment, Fallout 1&2.

i just dont have the patience... i try, but those games are just so epic. I still played a good long few hours....

speaking of which, i might install bg soon again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

steviec wrote: »

Love those games. they can still be found on the interweb. Look for scummVM. Its a program designed to play all those old point and click adventures, even Broken Sword. Id recommend Day of the Tentacle though. Brilliantly funny.

Never played Fallout1/2 either. Since news of F3 broke Ive wanted to play them and see what the fuss is about. Don't think I ever will though.

steviec wrote: »

I know I'd almost certainly enjoy them because I love the Broken Sword games, which I played on PS1, but I never had a PC at the time all those games were coming out, and never got round to catching up.
    Full Throttle, The Dig, Day of the Tentacle - all absolutely fantastic...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

There was one old PC game I used to have but lost and never finished.
    It was truly fantastic, called Sanitarium or something similar.
    Anyone remember it?
    Couldnt really give it a category of game except maybe "head****".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

The Thing

The Thing
    Good one - I bought it from play.com for the original Xbox - plugged it in, it was the german version and no way to switch to english.

Sent it back and then got an email saying they were no longer stocking the english version.

Never did try to find it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Good one - I bought it from play.com for the original Xbox - plugged it in, it was the german version and no way to switch to english.

Sent it back and then got an email saying they were no longer stocking the english version.

Never did try to find it again.
    It was actually pretty crap ;)

Oh right. Nice one then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭WEST

The Thing

I got this for €10 and it was just about worth that. Just say you will get the urge to to smash the CD and few times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

The Thing was pretty good. Original gameplay with extreme gore (RAWCK LOL etc!).

The one game that immediately came to mind was Solar Striker on the Game Boy......addictive and enjoyable......ah those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Tomb Raider 2 , a mate had it but wouldn't budge to give me a go and I didn't have the money to get it, she... :rolleyes: i mean it looked like a great game at the time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

R0ot wrote: »
    Tomb Raider 2 , a mate had it but wouldn't budge to give me a go and I didn't have the money to get it, she... :rolleyes: i mean it looked like a great game at the time

You didn't miss anything, it was pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You didn't miss anything, it was pants.

Indeed. I made the mistake of buying that when it came out.

Lots of Saturn games. It's a console I still don't own and haven't played. :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    Indeed. I made the mistake of buying that when it came out.

Lots of Saturn games. It's a console I still don't own and haven't played. :(

I got one just for panzer dragoon saga and radiant silvergun. For those two games alone it was worth it but I was surprised at just how many amazing games were on it. The vast majority never made it to america or europe but there are a ton of absolute gems from japan. Soukyugurentai, shining force 3 eps 1-3, Shining the Holy Ark, Gaurdian Heroes etc. I've never looked back after buying my saturn, love it to bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Rogue Trooper is definitely one of them... I should really pull the finger out and give it a go.

Tried FFX and thought it was ****e, so I won't lose any sleep about missing any of the rest.

After seeing some recent pics of Fallout 3, I really feel that I should have given the first 2 a proper go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I got one just for panzer dragoon saga and radiant silvergun. For those two games alone it was worth it but I was surprised at just how many amazing games were on it. The vast majority never made it to america or europe but there are a ton of absolute gems from japan. Soukyugurentai, shining force 3 eps 1-3, Shining the Holy Ark, Gaurdian Heroes etc. I've never looked back after buying my saturn, love it to bits.

+ 1 probably my favourite console i ever got (next to the dreamcast). Guardian Heroes was such a great game. There were some great gem's on the machine also if you managed to get them but i felt, like the dreamcast, they released alot of muck type games for it & hence didnt do so well.

On Topic, for me it would be:
    - Bioshock
    &
    - Mass Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I say prayers for people who don;t like FF games. 10 is very satisying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

tman wrote: »
    Rogue Trooper is definitely one of them... I should really pull the finger out and give it a go.

Rogue trooper is free if you sing up for a gametap account seemingly...
    Psychonauts and deuxs ex also free.
    EDIT: BAH US only.

For me my biggest sin is prob not playing system shock2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Project IGI for the PC....Always watched my dad play it and never got around to playing it myself.Was pretty good for its time.

MDK for PS1.It was such a wierd game.Played the first level and never got past it.Was very long too for one level,wonder what the others were like :p

Advertisement