Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

idea to help provisional licence holder in this crazy time

Options
  • 02-07-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

i came up with an idea to help learner drivers, we all display L plates , yep every single one of us, first it would be extremely funny second it would be two fingers to the establishment for A not realising thet a few months is never enough to process every L plate driver, my wifes got a part time job and we have 2 kids how the hell is she going to function with out a car.luckly she got a date a couple of weeks away so fingers crossed.......oh and dont give out to me it was just a funny idea so no comments about safer roads or how long is your wife driving blah blah blah.lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Why should we help lawbreakers. Hopefully the Gardai will especially enforce the law where unlicenced drivers are carrying children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

ardmacha ya poor thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I came up with an idea for learner drivers too......pass the goddam test:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

almanu wrote:
    so no comments about safer roads or how long is your wife driving blah blah blah.lol

So how long is your wife driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Riskymove wrote: »

No way, Was that you ?

Is that your idea ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Riskymove wrote: »

Agreed, it's not like they haven't known for long enough that these new laws were coming. There's no excuse for not having sat the test in the past 6 months, and if you've sat it and failed it then you're the reason the law is now there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

woohoo had a feeling this thread would wind people up, free L plates with your morning metro, just ask your local herald sales man , thats if you dont knock him down first.

Stark wrote: »
    So how long is your wife driving?
    eh about 9 years lmao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

almanu wrote: »
    i came up with an idea to help learner drivers, we all display L plates , yep every single one of us, first it would be extremely funny second it would be two fingers to the establishment for A not realising thet a few months is never enough to process every L plate driver, my wifes got a part time job and we have 2 kids how the hell is she going to function with out a car.luckly she got a date a couple of weeks away so fingers crossed.......oh and dont give out to me it was just a funny idea so no comments about safer roads or how long is your wife driving blah blah blah.lol

i think we should give them a 15 % discount on bus tickets... would help them out a fair bit imho.

beerbaron wrote: »
    No way, Was that you ?

Is that your idea ?
    i wonder will the oul fuddy duddy retired hitler driving inspector still be able to fail you now if theres a smell of ciggy smoke in your car, lets face it he,ll have to really push him self to get tru 2 tests a day now theres a rush, he can always have a bath in epsom salts when he gets home, ahhh bless ...... i mean there is only one inspector for the country isnt there, well there was when i passed at 17 his name was hector he was very flamboyent , i was in my tight football shorts at the time.funny i passed because two rubbish bins and a bus stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

beerbaron wrote: »
    No way, Was that you ?

Is that your idea ?

yep all me...did you like it?:D

Almanu..."my wifes got a part time job and we have 2 kids how the hell is she going to function with out a car"

How about a three person tandem?.......or a horse-drawn caravan?....

I see a gap in the market...Ireland's next entrepeneur millionaire for sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RSA needs to reduced the waiting times for tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Stark

i wonder will the oul fuddy duddy retired hitler driving inspector still be able to fail you now if theres a smell of ciggy smoke in your car, lets face it he,ll have to really push him self to get tru 2 tests a day now theres a rush, he can always have a bath in epsom salts when he gets home, ahhh bless ...... i mean there is only one inspector for the country isnt there, well there was when i passed at 17 his name was hector he was very flamboyent , i was in my tight football shorts at the time.funny i passed because two rubbish bins and a bus stop.

I'm guessing you're not very good at passing English tests either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

woohoo had a feeling this thread would wind people up, free L plates with your morning metro, just ask your local herald sales man , thats if you dont knock him down first.

ROFL-copter

That actually sounds like a "cause" that the Herald would take on....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

JP Liz wrote: »
    RSA needs to reduced the waiting times for tests.

It might be an idea that if you fail within a certain amount, they put you on a shortlist for callback early, in case of cancellation. That way people who just completely blow the test get bumped to the back of the queue (as they should be) and people who fail by a relatively small margin can get a week or two of practice, iron out whatever kink there was, and resit in a fast time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

i came up with an idea to help learner drivers
    Closing silly threads is an even better way to help them!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement