Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any rugby league clubs in the north east

• 02-07-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

Im a hooker in rugby union, bout 5ft 8 and 16.5 stone, more muscle then fat. pretty nippy though, played gaa football up till about a year ago. ive been playing union since i was 8. wouldnt mind trying league. we play it in training to get defence working but im sure we dont play the rules properly... sure if anyone knows of a club in the Drogheda/Dundalk/Navan/Balbriggan areas give me a bell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Im a hooker in rugby union, bout 5ft 8 and 16.5 stone, more muscle then fat. pretty nippy though, played gaa football up till about a year ago. ive been playing union since i was 8. wouldnt mind trying league. we play it in training to get defence working but im sure we dont play the rules properly... sure if anyone knows of a club in the Drogheda/Dundalk/Navan/Balbriggan areas give me a bell

Unless you set up your own team the closest one would be North Dublin Eagles. Not too far off the Dart line either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

whats it like to play?? Id imagine youd have to be farely fit but I cant imagine there being too much strain esp that you get from scrums and lineouts. where bouts in dublin is that team, and when do seasons start and finish

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    whats it like to play?? Id imagine youd have to be farely fit but I cant imagine there being too much strain esp that you get from scrums and lineouts. where bouts in dublin is that team, and when do seasons start and finish

It is less technical than Union, but much faster paced with less time to rest. There's also no place to hide on the field. It concentrates on the main parts of rugby. Passing and tackling.

Check out the eagles website. They train at Clontarf Tue & Thurs 7:15 - 9:00.
    The season finishes towards the end of August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

nice one, might try them out next year see if im any good, grand the way its in the summer. I play for Boyne RFC all year so might be fun for a change. Its strange when ye see the numbers aswell. What is it a prop wears 10, and an out half wears 1 or something. im completely ignorant cos dont really recognise positions in it. watched a bit of super league, its entertaining

The positions are just numbered the opposite way round to Union.

Hope that makes sense.
    I think we have an ex Boyne player down playing for us at the moment. Although it might be 6-7 years since he was there.

i'll guarentee you that an off-season of league will improve your union game. You'll hanle the ball a lot more and be making more tackles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement