Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vittoria tyres

Options
  • 02-07-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got a new tyre (700X28) for my hybrid from lbs and its a vittoria randonneur,
    does anyone know of these and what they are like?

cheers,
    km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Can't comment on the randonneur but I have the Vittoria Diamante Pro Kevlar Carbon and punctured on the W200 and again last week in a race with only 5k's to go. Not very happy but thinking about it I have put some mileage on them. Generally Vittoria tyres are considered very good in the dry but perform below par compared to rivals in the wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

thanks,

only for a commute anyway, nothing major - I got a blow out on my rear tube and thought i'd replace the rear tyre while I had the back wheel off, hence tied to what the lbs had in stock
    Hungrycol wrote: »
    Generally Vittoria tyres are considered very good in the dry but perform below par compared to rivals in the wet

not a good summer tyre then :( !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I have Vittoria Rubinos on my fixie. I've heard them described as 'cheap n' nasty' but I've only had one puncture since last November. Better in the wet than the Specialized Mondos they replaced.

Having said that I think I'll be changing to Gator skins or similar very soon, they are showing signs of stress.

New York riders seem to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

yeah, about the 'cheapness' I got it for 28euro, prob about the same price as a gatorskin, when I googled them, they were £9 in the uk!! (hence the post to find out more!)
    I am only replacing the rear for now, I will get round to the front with a web supplied 'better' tyre when I get the chance (might swap them round putting a better one on the rear and the slightly used vittoria on the front)

cheers,
    km

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I got a set of Vittoria Zaffiro tyres a few years ago. Got a blowout on the back very quickly and swore I was going back to Armadillos, which I did on the back. The front though stayed flat-free for several years and several 10,000s of km. It's now on the back of my commuter although I probably should replace it, it's looking worn.

This is a cheaper tyre than the Rubino ;-)

You can puncture on anything, except Armadillos, which will hurl you off your bike in the wet instead :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Have a vittoria randonneur on the back of my crappy commuter. It's pretty good - have used for about 6 months for about 20k a day and haven't had any probblems with it. No punctures. Found the grip rasonable to good.

Advertisement