Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Dunne on other shows?

• 02-07-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭

Is it me, or is Tom Dunne better on other peoples shows then the people themselves?

He was in for Ian Dempsey this week (I don't if he still is) and he's better then he is. I'd rather listen to Dunne on the Breakfast show anyday as opposed to Dempsey.

The same when he was on Ray Darcy's show. Judging by peoples comments on Boards, He was more liked on the show then Darcy is...

Do you think the same?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Yeah, I've heard him when he was in for Dempsey in the past and he was excellent, and he played some good music. I truly love his Pet Sounds show though, and hate it when he's not on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I tend to agree with you but I'm not a huge fan of either Dempsey or D'Arcy's presenting styles and prefer Dunne's anyway.

I wouldn't say Tom would fit perfectly into just *any* genre of show (can't see him doing the Last Word for example), but he'd make a bloody good stab at the vast majority of them alright.

He's a huge asset to Today FM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I dunno if he's better than Dempsey, he's definitely different though... However Tom Dunne >>> Ray D'Arcy. But maybe that's cos he's only ever in these shows for a week or 2 at a time, maybe if he was there full time he wouldn't be as good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have to agree.... Tom is very easy to listen to, and seems to have a good time no matter what show he is doing. The music tends to improve drastically too (still don't think his Dr. Bill bits are very funny, but thats a very minor gripe)

On the flip side, I love Dave Couse's own music and I loved A House back in the day, but his selection of music this week on Pet Sounds has been pretty awful, and I find myself flicking over to Newstalk more than usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Not a huge fan of Dempsey tbh,he always seems to put his foot in it or something,you kind of feel sorry for him sometimes,like he's out of his depth.

Dunne is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Tom is very easy on the ears, especially early in the morning. He seems to get on really well with Paul (?) Collins, the guy that does the sport too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

He seems to get on really well with Paul (?) Collins, the guy that does the sport too.

Yeah they sound great. WtF????. Does Tom Dunne know what the top 40 is??
    He may aswell plug his i pod into the desk. At least Same owl Iano plays a bit of chart music. He'd fit in perfect on 103.2 with his ipod.

And as for that other fella. He's the best paid and handiest job in the country. Fair play to him for pulling the wool over everyone's eyes.

I have never heard morning music radio as bad in years in this country this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Homer J Simpson

I find Tom Dunne very entertaining when he's doing other people's shows especially Ray D'Arcy's.

He has got a great sense of wit and finds laughter in every situation. He certainly is an asset to Today fm.

Tom Dunne is class on the radio. Its funny the way he just cracks up laughing every now and again. Its like hes after smoking a few large ones!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

I like him to and i find Dr. Bill funny.
    as for Ray Darcy he is a twat can't stand him and the team that work
    with him well wil is alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wreck wrote: »
    Yeah, I've heard him when he was in for Dempsey in the past and he was excellent, and he played some good music. I truly love his Pet Sounds show though, and hate it when he's not on.

Yeah, but can you understand him 100% of the time? I honestly struggle to hear what he's saying a lot of the time, specially when he names a band or track he has just played thatwathestoneroses&beforethat
    wasjusttoofastmumblemumble
    . . . for me to understand!

Or is it just me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I look forward to when D'Arcy goes on holiday and Tom Dunne takes over. Didn't know he was filling in for Ian, must tune in tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I look forward to when D'Arcy goes on holiday and Tom Dunne takes over. Didn't know he was filling in for Ian, must tune in tomorrow.
    You missed out Im afraid he was only there for a week (unfortunitly). Ann-Marie Kelly is filling in for him this week, not mad about her tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

No, she's irritating as hell.

Tom's cool though. I love when he does the breakfast show and keeps getting the time wrong. I've visions of him setting the heart crossways in lads when he says it's ten to nine when it's actually ten to eight or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Agree, Tom Dunne is fantastic standing in for either Darcy or Dempsey, cracks me up everytime.

And Bbality, yes, I'm sure he knows well the top 40, hence the reason he plays none of that ****e.

Advertisement