Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Star Wars novel??

• 02-07-2008 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭

Best Star Wars novel?? (from the official timeline for adult readers please)

Really enjoyed "Darth Bane: Path of Destruction" and "Outbound Flight". The last few chapters of "The Cestus Deception" made me fall in love with Star Wars all over again, pity it took 300 pages to get going though!! lol

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The Thrawn trilogy rocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

feylya wrote: »
    The Thrawn trilogy rocked.

Ah yes, the Thrawn Trilogy did rock!! After I read Outbound Flight I skipped straight to them, I had to see what happened with the good Admiral next!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Some of the New Jedi orders were pretty good, in particular Star by Star and Traitor. 2nd bane Book is out, btw the 1st Bane was based on the Jedi Vs sith graphic novell. Was kinda underwhlemed by both. Check the new jedi orders Yuuzhan storyline, very good, totally new enemies from a different galaxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 philliecullen

I couldn't stand Traitor myself. Jacen Solo drives me nuts. :P

My favorites have to be ones written by Michael A. Stackpole and Aaron Alliston. The pair did the X-Wing series, a couple of NJO books each and Stackpole is the man who brought us Corran Horn!

Horns a great character, one of my favourites. X-wing series forgot about those great books, stackpoles good.

Agree on jacen, he annoyed me to no end but still liked traitor, "None Shall Pass". Speaking of jacen have you read the legacy series yet?, very dissapointing for me.

Some of denning books have been good, Allistons good too, love the humour he uses.

• Advertisement

Some of the New Jedi orders were pretty good, in particular Star by Star and Traitor. 2nd bane Book is out, btw the 1st Bane was based on the Jedi Vs sith graphic novell. Was kinda underwhlemed by both. Check the new jedi orders Yuuzhan storyline, very good, totally new enemies from a different galaxy.

Ya the 2nd bane book been out since Christmas. I'm waiting for the softback, due on October 28th. I liked Path of Destruction I must say. Thought the very ending, where he picks up the apprentice was disappointing. A bit rushed. After his big long search for an apprentice he eventually just sees this young one and is like, hey, you'll do!!

Can't say that I've heard great things about Rule of Two - hence why I'm waiting for the softback!! :P

The jedi vs sith graphic explains the apprentice rain bit better. Bane is more of a side character in it, story is mainly about rain and her brother.

have you read Rule of Two?? If so, any good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

got to say the thrawn books are great. rad rule of two, pucked it up in teh US a few months ago over all not too impressed with the bane books.

dade wrote: »
    got to say the thrawn books are great. rad rule of two, pucked it up in teh US a few months ago over all not too impressed with the bane books.

i really enjoyed the first one i must say. despite the quick ending.

reading a few of the clone wars ones at the mo. not my favourite era.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Shadows of The Empire is one of my faves.

my copy of Secrets of the Jedi arrived. i know it's targeted at the younger audiences, but i just gota see how that bad boy turns out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

just finished the legacy of the force series ( bout 9 books )

pretty damn good !!

just finished the legacy of the force series ( bout 9 books )

pretty damn good !!

You liked it? i was very dissapointed by it, nothing on the Yuuzhan vong story.

I've enjoyed Karen Traviss' Republic Commando books more than I thought I would...

Advertisement