Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisy Neighbour

• 02-07-2008 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭

I think this is the right forum to post this in, if it isn't I apologize. I live in an estate around a small circular green area with only one entrance into this area. I have a neighbour (6 doors down) that drives a HGV for a living. During the summer I find it too warm to sleep in my bedroom (front of my house) without opening the window, but thats only the start of the problem. During the sumemr months my neighbour leaves for work around 5.00 am, and starts his truck about 4.45 and leaves it running on high revs to build up enough pressure to activate the air brakes. so for 15 minutes while he goes back inside to eat his breakfast this truck is running at near full trottle, and this wakes nearly everybody in the green up. Whilst we have gone as far as complaining to the Gardai about it they say it is not their problem. So where does that leave us. The coucil say they will get back to us but we have heard nothing yet(from last year). The problem goes on all year round but it is especially during the summer months when we sleep with open windows that it affects us the most.

There are other side effects to this truck being parked here. Most of the kerbs on the grass verge are damaged where he cuts corners to get around. The road under where he parks is usually covered in black oil, resulting in many a childs clothes being ruined. He parks on the road outside rather than on his driveway.

Can we do anything to stop him bringing his truck in around the green?

Can anyone give me some legal advice.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S this guy is a very unreasonable man and any efforts to have a quiet word with him has only lead to extra revving the following morning

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

This is not a forum for seeking legal advice.

Having said that you can bring someone to Court for nuisance caused by noise under the Environmental Protection Agency Act.

Go see a solicitor.

Thread closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Talk to a solicitor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement