Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Add On Degree (Hons)

Options
  • 02-07-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Having gotten into first year of my previous course via a last minute vacancy, I was wondering is it possible to gain entry to a one year Hons Degree add-on in the same way?

Seeing I've missed the closing dates for normal application by months at this stage, this would possibly be my only way in.

I *should* be getting a place offer for the add-on year in my current college, but I'm really looking to move away from home, to live a little.

If I send back the acceptance form for my current college, in sheer desperation, can I then cancel that acceptance if I manage to get into some other college via last minute vacancy?

Comments

I remember someone mentioning how the Open University offer add-on Honours Degrees for users with Ordinary Degrees, although that might need some checking up on.

Otherwise it might depend on the college itself so it might be best to check there or ring around for some more information.

And you're able to transfer between college in the middle of academic years so transferring before the colleges start shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement