Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superquinn

Options
  • 02-07-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Have superquinn got the most expensive chicken breasts in the world, €5 for 2 ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Making allegations like that will get you kicked off the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

half price chicken breasts in tesco at the moment...

here's a question - tesco's regular chickens (and chicken fillets etc) aren't free-range, or organic or anything like that. So what the hell is "value" chicken and why is it so much cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

"value" chickens are the ones that are packed together with little room to move and probably never see the light of day. Free range are the ones that have a bit more freedom. Organic ones are fed organic food afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

foxy06 wrote: »
    "value" chickens are the ones that are packed together with little room to move and probably never see the light of day. Free range are the ones that have a bit more freedom. Organic ones are fed organic food afaik.

but the non-value ones aren't free-range or organic, so presumably they're battery hens as well. why would one type of battery chicken be a lot cheaper than another type?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

loyatemu wrote: »
    but the non-value ones aren't free-range or organic, so presumably they're battery hens as well. why would one type of battery chicken be a lot cheaper than another type?

Because they've run out of juice? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

They're probably the same. It;s just different packaging. I know alot of own brand stuff (spar, dunnes, tesco) is made in the same factory as well known brands it's just packaged differently. One example is that Spar jam is in fact the same as Chivers jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fil6162

Try Fiesta Fine Foods - Egan Centre Dargle Rd Bray - 10 for €11. no fat on them and very tender - also do great range of fish etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 boc

loyatemu wrote: »

Maybe its what supermarket chains like to call a tax on stupidity:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Pommiedude

Go down to the farmers market on a Sat morning there is a guy there from the north normally in the carpark and I get all my meat from there his chicken are Free range and organic and taste awesome , also only person I have found who does Beef sausages ...........:)

Advertisement