Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2008, What Games are you looking forward to (Rumoured or already confirmed)

Options
  • 02-07-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hey,

So with E3 just around the corner, and with game announcements coming left right and centre, what games are you currently looking forward to, rumoured or confirmed, post here. Im interested to see if there are any confirmed games im not aware of aswell.

DS:

Boom Blox (although with low Wii sales, this might not go ahead)
    New Super Mario World. ( Strongly Rumoured game and with 15 million copies of NSMB already sold, its almost a certainty, it could be NSMB 2 not world but we dont have long to wait. )

WII:

Day of Disaster ( although this might be cancelled, very low profile on this one)
    New Zelda title ( may not make an appearance at E3, but is defo in development)
    Sonic Chronicles ( looks decent, and handheld sonics have been quiet decent)

XBOX 360

Gears of War 2 ( goes without saying)
    Guitar Hero 4 ( rip off of rock band, but hey, rock band ripped them off too )
    Mortal Kombat Vs Dc Universe ( Could be pants, but interesting idea)

PS3

Killzone 2 ( why not??)
    God of War 3
    Call of duty 5 ( put it in the ps3 section to fill up the list, couldnt think of anything else)

PSP
    Cant think of anything, but im sure there are loads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Welcome to boards!

Rock Band ripped themselves off - those guys were behind GH and GH2. :)

New Super Mario World is news to me - I'd absolutely love if it was true. If they created another 96 level masterpiece like SMW, I'd be a happy bunny.

Not sure how well Boom Blocks would work on the DS. The fun of the Wii version is the action of throwing/pulling with real arm motions - I don't think it would translate well (I've tried Jenga on the DS and its horrible)

Looking forward to new Castlevania game on the DS. From the trailer that came out a few weeks ago, it looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 dubdude2008

Thanks man.

Yeah castlevania, i forgot about that.

I still think that Boom Blox will work well though, i mean there is a terrible Jenga game on Wii aswell, hopefully Ea will do it justice!

Yeah ive heard from a lot of sites about NSMW or NSMB2.(Still only rumour, by no means confirmed) If i were to choose then id prefer Mario World. Going with Nintendos tradition of releasing a few Mario platform games on their handhelds per generation id say its defo true. I know we only get one mario game a generation on home consoles though, so no SMG2 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That new castlevania games looks amazing, can't wait for it. I'm hoping there'll be a kid icarus game for the wii. I am also holding out for a pilotwings game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Hey maybe this could be moved to general games forum so more people will get to see it. Good thread btw.

Im looking forward to seen some GOW3 stuff and Fallout 3 gameplay.

Id imagine that any game Nintendo can suitable apply motion controls to will appear on Wii at some stage ie: Mario Golf, Pilotwings; Mario Tennis. Although i was suprised that Smash Bros didnt use the wii mote to full effect.

I hear Samba DeAmigo is supposed to be brilliant aswell, well going by IGN anyway!

• Advertisement

oh yeah good idea, sorry, i didnt see the general games thread, move away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Spore - I know we've got the editor but I'm curious about the full game and how it all fits together.

Fallout 3 - this was first announced a very very long time ago, and there's very few details have been released since, I'm assuming it's still on target for release later this year.

Afrika - there was a ton of news released on this in Japan recently, and it's out there quite soon. I've heard Sony aren't planning to release it in Europe but they'd be crazy not to. Hope there'll at least be an English translation for America so I can import.

Mirror's Edge - The trailer for this that came out about a month ago is probably the best trailer I've seen for a game in a long time. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Infamous - this game looks a really interesting concept, like Crackdown taken to the next level. Expected to be shown in detail for the first time at E3.

Final Fantasy XIII - we're due an update by now? Right? Love the art style of the game and am therefore hopeful, but really no other info to date.

Prototype - extremely ambitious but I've heard it's run into development troubles of late. I hope it's back on course, they've been silent for a while but the game has so much potential.

Loco Roco 2 - I've heard it hinted heavily that this is going to be shown at E3 and does some new things with crowd dynamics, could be interesting.

The Agency - I love the look of this game. Could be a breath of fresh air to MMOs by bringing them away from the tired fantasy and sci fi type settings. No idea how it will actually play mind you but fingers crossed.

Little Big Planet - this is undoubtedly going to be one of the games of the show again, but they can only keep showing it off for so long before people start getting sick of it before they even play it. Hopefully it's got some unannounced tricks left up its sleeve.

KOTOR3 - it's due to be announced I reckon...

That's everything I can think of at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

C&C3: Kane Expansion (got stupid and bought it on the xbox, so had to wait grrr)

C&C: Red Alert 3

Half Life: Episode 3

MGS5 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

SolarNexus wrote: »
    C&C3: Kane Expansion (got stupid and bought it on the xbox, so had to wait grrr)

C&C: Red Alert 3

Half Life: Episode 3

MGS5 :p

Sorry to disappoint: http://kotaku.com/5020376/will-half+life-2-episode-three-be-at-e3-valve-says-no

if valve are trying to piss me off with all this episodic crap, and endless delays, they're right on target :mad:

thanks for the link mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

steviec wrote: »
    Fallout 3 - this was first announced a very very long time ago, and there's very few details have been released since, I'm assuming it's still on target for release later this year.

afaik it's slipped into next year :(

i want to see what sony have. i'm hoping this year they utilise PSN and stick demo's of games up (killzone2!) after their show.

i'm intrigued by microsoft but i have a feeling i already know everything they're going to announce.

as for nintendo... i actually don't care. haven't touched my wii or ds in months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

wheres alan wake, will he be at e3?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Playstation Network video store will be interesting, as will XBox's answer to Home.

I'm hoping Konami will unveil a new Metal Gear, or a spin-off. They'll probably hold off until Tokyo Game Show if they're working on one though.

After that... I'd love to see a Dead Rising 2, as well as more of Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, Killzone 3 and Afrika. DC vs MK looks interesting enough, but could be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Fallout 3 aint delayed, unless you have a secret source but Gamestop are fairly accurate with there dates

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71144

Regarding Alan Wake, I think we will see that game sometime in the next 15 years. I can wait patiently though while it pulls itself out of development hell. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I haven't really got a clue what's due out anytime soon, or what might be shown at E3, but games that I'm looking forward to are:

James Bond: Quantum Of Solace - There's been more bad James Bond games than good, but the ones that were good were incredible, so I'm hoping this will be one of those.

Dead Island - The last bit of news I heard about this was in early 2007, but it's meant to be released this year, so it might turn up. And it's got zombies, so it'll obviously be good (hopefully). Here's a vid of some of the model damage you can do

Dirty Harry - It's probably been cancelled, but in E3 06 Laurence Fishbourne, Gene Hackman and Clint Eastwood himself, were said to be doing the voices for it. So even if it's a **** game, it'll be worth it for them!

Heavy Rain - It's from the makers of Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy, so I'm hoping for great things for this.

Indiana Jones - I haven't heard any updates about this game in a while, so I'm hoping they'll reveal some new info about it, and maybe even a release date.

Jagged Alliance 3 - I love this series, and the news that they were making a third one made me soil myself (I'll leave it up to you to decide whether I mean that literally or figuratively). It's meant to be released by the end of the summer, so we'll see.

Project Offset - I don't know a lot about this, but here's a video of some of the work in progress game play:

Rise Of The Argonauts - I'm a big fan of violence, Greek mythology and seamen/semen innuendos, so I can't go wrong with this one.

And finally, The Outsider - From David Braben, the guy who brought us Elite, a thriller which apparently will have every single action you take affecting the city around you. It'll be interesting to see if anything is said about this, as there's been bugger all info so far!

Totally forgot about Resident Evil 5, and Silent Hill 5, both games should be worth a look alright!

I cant wait to see what nintendo come up with, ive not stopped playing the wii recently with smash bros, sega superstar tennis, boom blox, mario kart. I just want an excuse to plug back in my 360. Im sure GOW2 will do that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

couldnt give toss if these show up at E3 but for me:
    PC:
    Left4dead : Half life does dawn of the dead
    Diablo III :
    Stargate MMO

consoles:
    Ghostbusters: same voice cast , same writers as the originals, looks decent enough , being ported to everything(think theres even a ps2 port) , yeah I'm looking forward to this.

Ds:
    Gauntlet (the co-op wifi and voip one)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Fallout 3, animal crossing wii, kid icarus wii, hopefully alan wake. others have been mentioned. some big suprises would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Resident Evil 5..

To be honest, I haven't kept up with E3 or upcoming releases. I'll just let E3 surprise me when it starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

- Fallout 3
    - Resident Evil 5
    - The new/remake of S.T.A.L.K.E.R
    - Left4Dead
    - Prototype

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Animal Crossing for Wii ahh i would buy a wee for this game.spent some mount of hours playin the 1 on gba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

KOTOR3...or at least some end to all the rumours surrounding this game and that of a new SW MMO...

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

The New operation flash point... possibly going to spend about 2 grand or so building the perfect pc to play it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

yeah, operation flashpoint 2 looks awesome!

Gears of War 2

LittleBigPlanet

Fallout 3

Shenmue 3 (crosses fingers and prays...alot)

you know what....

i dont care about the hyped games, i want a game like deus ex. it appeared out of nowhere one day in my local Game shop just sitting there without any need to blast advertising at you... and it was awesome.

i know its too much to ask for a great game not to be overhyped, or even mentioned at all before release - but still.... i have alot of nostalgia for DX (i still have separation anxiety) and as for... DX2... lets call that a mistaken fling.

I'm hoping Deus Ex 3 will make an appearance at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

or you can find alot of good games on demo cds, i remember i got a demo of Age of empires back in the day, i played the demo for about 3 months before i could actually afford the full game,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

awhir wrote: »
    Animal Crossing for Wii ahh i would buy a wee for this game.spent some mount of hours playin the 1 on gba.

eh i dont think there was one on the gba

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    wheres alan wake, will he be at e3?

Looks like in will be 2009, at least... http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/No_Alan_Wake_In_2008_13214_4736_0.htm

The developer is taking the "it's ready when it's ready" view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Dawn of War 2
    Dead Space
    New Halo Franchise Game - due to be announced at e3
    Halo Wars - just want to see plenty of gameplay because I'm still unsure wheter or not it's going to be any good.
    Ghostbusters
    Killzone 2
    CoD5

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER, it's totally going to be out this year............... :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

PS3
    Tekken 6
    Gran Turismo 5

If Tekken 6 and GT5 offer a good online options with lots of players to play with and no lag problems I might plunge down for a PS3

PC
    Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway
    Call of duty World at War
    Battlefield(hopefully something about the 3rd installement)

Advertisement