Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to wait for Tesco Loan?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi All
    Just wondering if anyone out there has got a loan with Tesco finance before? Ive applied online today and I am just wondering how long I can expect to wait for them to be in touch about it?

Thanks!
    Jen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Well my expereince has'nt been great. Basically low rate, crap service.
    Heard of some people waiting up to two months for the money to be drawn down.
    They are also prity strict (underwritten by Ulster Bank)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I applied online for a loan about 18 months ago and it took seven weeks before I got the funds into the account. This included them having to send forms twice as I hadn't received the first lot. Then there was a long wait while they checked my credentials which included bank statements,utility bills,photocopy of passport which had to be signed by guard. Eventually I got the money-2.5k. Good interest rate alright.

This year when the loan was finished I got a letter inviting me to apply for another loan. I phoned and went through the whole rigmarole again and they dispatched more forms asking for much the same info as last year. I sent three months bank statements as they had asked and then got a note back saying that as the statements went from 4th Dec to 3rd March that wasn't three months! I gave up then and cancelled the application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

That's woeful :rolleyes:

Any loan I put up is turned around in 24hrs (assuming the underwriters don't have to refer the application back), but def no longer than a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The credit union kicks ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jentomgrant

:( Thanks for the replies I was hoping not to be waiting that long!

For those who did apply before, how long was it before someone phoned you back to say that they had even received the application? (online)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Actually they never did. I had to ring them! Would you not go to your own bank? A lot less hassle and as for the credit union-wow. Only joined a few months ago and I wish I had done so years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jentomgrant

Well own bank has such a high interest rate, I thought Tesco would be the better option. Also just joined credit union recently and its brill! But the loan I want is quite large and I havent built up enough Shares in CU to get it Im afraid! Thanks for the reply :)

Advertisement