Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music in pubs

Options
  • 02-07-2008 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in this godforsaken town (Dublin) which plays good music on a night out. I'm talking a late bar or a club which plays Guns & Roses, Meatloaf, Led Zepplin etc. Fibbers is the closest I've got but lets be fair, it's a bit of a sh*thole. Any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

dorans, the mezz and so on.

prepare for the "dublin forum" police

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Coppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

judas101 wrote: »
    prepare for the "dublin forum" police
    Here now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Sherifu wrote: »
    Coppers.

my saracasmo meter just exploded!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Bruxelles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dublinminx

Try Bruxells off Grafton St. Has been playing that style of music for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Dorans, Mezz, Carnival, Whelans, The Palace, The Oak, The Sugar Club, The Hub, Flannery's(Wouldn't recommend it though), Sin E etc etc...

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I don't see whats wrong with fibbers to be honest, What are you expecting a trendy looking pub that plays rock or something? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

biko wrote: »
    Here now

Police out! Internet Freedom for all \o/

As said before, Bruxells etc. can be good. Again it can depend on the night in question. Major Tom' had some sort of awesome swing/50's music going the last time I was in there, was awesome and so very different. Can just be hit/or miss with the DJ. Too many of them enjoy throwing out the same **** 10 pop songs that 18 year olds will dance to.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

The foggy dew has some decent alternative music. Not a late bar though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'll juse move this to dublin city...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

I would've said... no. And not only is the music terrible but it blasts the eardrums out of you!

I recently went to a pub for a drink before heading on to a nightclub and the pub was at least twic as loud! Gone are the days of a cosy chat in an Irish pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Neesa wrote: »
    I would've said... no. And not only is the music terrible but it blasts the eardrums out of you!

I recently went to a pub for a drink before heading on to a nightclub and the pub was at least twic as loud! Gone are the days of a cosy chat in an Irish pub.

There are pubs for cosy chats and pubs for music. Depends what you want, nobody is forcing you to go to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Dord wrote: »
    There are pubs for cosy chats and pubs for music. Depends what you want, nobody is forcing you to go to them.

Actually I force Neesa to go places all the time.

What can I say - I'm a prick!

Yeah, you're a trash-bag! Stop it, let's meet up in Lapellos next time. Lovely soft music there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Neesa wrote: »
    Yeah, you're a trash-bag! Stop it, let's meet up in Lapellos next time. Lovely soft music there ;)

Easiest pick-up ever!

See you there at ten. You bring the g-string I'll bring the wad of notes!

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You bring the g-string I'll bring the wad of notes!

Always works out that way with me. I must be giving out signals. ;)

Advertisement