Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey's Anatomy (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

I love Avery. He's got gorgeous eyes.

Loved that episode, I'm glad we don't have to find out what happened to McDreamy. That would have been annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I agree, I would not of liked another cliffhanger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Clementine

That was really amazing. The shock of when the shooter started so abruptly. I didn't think Greys could pull that out of the bag, but like thegoodgirl I was holding my breath throughout. Actually had to pause it at one stage just to stop my heart racing. It was like watching a teen slasher film but with Greys characters instead!

Anyone else not going to miss Reed? She really really bugged me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I haven't watched the show since the seeing dead Denny days, but I heard these episodes were epic, and boy were they! I didn't know many of the characters, but the tension and peril they all faced (for varying lengths of time) was incredible TV. That new CT surgeon must be the skinniest woman on telly, and good to see that they are all still shagging each other in almost every available permutation!!! As usual Bailey takes the biggest plaudits for me.

Still don't think it will persuade me to start watching again though but it was a great 80 minutes of drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,244 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Though she sat out more than half of the season of Grey’s Anatomy, Katherine Heigl has submitted herself in the supporting actress category for this year’s Emmy race, her representative confirms. There is no set amount of episodes that an actor must appear in to be eligible for either the supporting or lead actor categories.
    Heigl only appeared in a handful of episodes this year before her character, Dr. Izzie Stevens, was last seen around Seattle Grace in January. Heigl was due back on the set of the ABC drama March 1 but she never showed up. Heigl told EW that “rumors that I refused to return were totally untrue.” ABC Studios said it was mutually agreed upon that Heigl would end her run this season.
    Nominations for the 62nd Primetime Emmys will be announced July 8. As for the rest of the Grey’s stars, Ellen Pompeo submitted herself as lead actress, while the other ensemble members — including Patrick Dempsey — will duke it out in the supporting categories. To vie for the best drama prize, Grey’s submitted the two-hour finale, as well as the episodes “The Time Warp,” “Suicide is Painless,” “I Saw What I Saw,” and “Give Peace a Chance” for consideration.
    NBC will air the Emmys on Aug. 29.

I would have thought Patrick would have gone lead

• Advertisement

Grey’s Anatomy has officially upgraded Jesse Williams to a full-time series regular. His promotion kicks in this fall with the start of season 7.
    Williams, who joined Grey’s last October as part of the polarizing Mercy West merger plot, was quickly pegged as the Invader Most Likely to See Another Season.
    Shonda Rhimes last month, the Grey’s boss all but confirmed that Williams — as well as fellow rookie Sarah Drew — would be back next fall. “April and Jackson have really been folded into the group,”

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I would have thought Patrick would have gone lead

I know, I'm really surprised at that..he seemed to be in it way more than Meredith.
    Lol Katherine Heigl..she keeps telling anyone who'll listen that she left because she started really hating her character Izzy but she's willing to accept an award for playing her! She won't win anyway.

That Avery is sooo cute:)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Hey,
    I just found this thread and was wondering if anyone knew when Greys season 7 is back on RTE, I know its starting back in the US the 23rd of Sep, but that really doesnt help me!
    Thanks!

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Hey,
    I just found this thread and was wondering if anyone knew when Greys season 7 is back on RTE, I know its starting back in the US the 23rd of Sep, but that really doesnt help me!
    Thanks!

I say it will be next year for RTE they still have not shown Private Practice Season 3 yet

BTW any promo trailers for Season 7 out yet?

I say it will be next year for RTE they still have not shown Private Practice Season 3 yet

BTW any promo trailers for Season 7 out yet?
    Bummer, dont think I can last that long!

Have seen no promos for it, and the RTE guide had an Autumn special for all the TV coming up and it didnt have anything about Greys in it, so your prob right about it not coming back till next year!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Why just WHY can't this abomination just go away!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why just WHY can't this abomination just go away!!!!
    Because women love it.

Cristina and Owen are as bad a couple as George and Izzy - Cristina needs to get with Avery or Mark imo

Cristina and Owen are as bad a couple as George and Izzy - Cristina needs to get with Avery or Mark imo
    There is no way those 2 get married, look at her face!!! And if they do it wont last!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have to say I didn't really like the show at first, but it's really improved since 2 seasons ago and if they do a season this year like they did last year, then this show may be here to stay for a bit longer.
    Now Desperate Housewives is a show I'd like to see gone gone gone

Now Desperate Housewives is a show I'd like to see gone gone gone
    I actually like that show. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hope Christina gets some decent storylines this season, since Burke left they haven't got anyone to have the same impact. Christina just gets pushed around by all the different heart surgeons (which have all been crap imo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I assume since this is the US pace thread I don't need spoiler tags...?

Premiere was ok. Pretty solid. Nothing amazing, but nothing too ridiculous either which is a step forward in my eyes! The Derek being an adrenaline junkie story seems a bit silly, but everything else was fine.

I do not need to see someone's face getting cut in half though. That was properly disgusting. Had my eyes covered for most of it!

It was a very weak season opener in my opinion.

I will give the Hunt-Yang marriage till Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Haddockman wrote: »
    It was a very weak season opener in my opinion.

I will give the Hunt-Yang marriage till Christmas.
    Very poor indeed. Really a disappointment considering the strength it had at the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

An absolutely piss porr season premiere. And i think the main reason is that we werent left on a cliff hanger. There was no incentive to watch the new season apart from seeing what was new and how the characters that stayed alive dealt with the whole situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

beanyb wrote: »
    I assume since this is the US pace thread I don't need spoiler tags...?

Premiere was ok. Pretty solid. Nothing amazing, but nothing too ridiculous either which is a step forward in my eyes! The Derek being an adrenaline junkie story seems a bit silly, but everything else was fine.

I do not need to see someone's face getting cut in half though. That was properly disgusting. Had my eyes covered for most of it!

I ain't really big into blood and stuff but you do realise you are watching a MEDICAL drama right? I know they do go overboard. There have been times when I have had to keep the cushion over the eyes but I can't say as I have questioned the need for gore as this is what the show is about

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Wasn't too impressed with the season opener to be honest. I'm glad to see that Richard is the chief again though. And I was almost sick watching the surgery when they removed his teeth and everything. I'm nauseous just thinking about it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭rebelmomma

VinLieger wrote: »
    An absolutely piss porr season premiere. And i think the main reason is that we werent left on a cliff hanger. There was no incentive to watch the new season apart from seeing what was new and how the characters that stayed alive dealt with the whole situation.

***** SPOILER ALERT ******

I agree completely.

Derek likes to drive fast? Is this truely a side effect of being shot or a chance for him to show off his driving skills as he is also a racing car driver in the states. (and a very hot one at that!)

Bailey is odd because yer man was playing golf? Eh hello?

Meredith hasn't told him she had a miscarriage?

Cristina is getting married to Hunt?

Callie asked Arizona to move in with her?

Not really big things for a premiere? based on previous years.

The guy having his face cut open was impressive but only on the part of the special effect guys who had to come up with that prosthesis rather than the acting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

rebelmomma wrote: »
    I ain't really big into blood and stuff but you do realise you are watching a MEDICAL drama right? I know they do go overboard. There have been times when I have had to keep the cushion over the eyes but I can't say as I have questioned the need for gore as this is what the show is about

Grey's Anatomy is a glorified soap opera. The hospital and the surgeries are just background for the stupid relationship drama. So I really don't think that showing cutting somebody's face is necessary at all. It's gore for the sake of it, and added absolutely nothing to the show, except allowing people to go 'ooh, what good special effects they have.'

but wasn't it always just a daytime soap opera?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well episode 2 was much better than the 1st episode
    Hopefully they can keep the pace up but i can see it beggining to dwindle off

Advertisement