Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey's Anatomy (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Leaving during the season which means he survives this crash. Obviously Meredeth and Cristina survive- so I'm thinking it's either Derek or Arizona that don't make it at the start of next season

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Season 9,194 kicks off tonight........

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

I'm still a big fan of this show. So I for one cant wait to watch it later.
    Only thing I'm not looking forward to is Sloan. We know Eric Dane is only around for a couple of episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

good comeback, i expect theyll jump back to the end of last season next week if eric dane is gonna be around for a few episodes,

i didnt think theyd kill him off and leave callie with no one but sopia left, then they had a nice twist at the end,

yerone crying cause medusa:p gave out to her, and baileys new name is brilliant BCB:D

and kepner with the pig at the end was brilliant:D,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Really enjoyed this episode...was sad :( I didnt know Sloan was leaving before watching the episode but I wasn't surprised (actually was surprised it was Lexi who died in the season finale) as he really didn't have much of a story line last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Balling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭trendy88

Sloan was my fave, so sad he's gone but I guess it was the only conceivable way for him to leave the show. It would be totally out of character for him to just leave his daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭apache

What site are you guys using to watch greys online?

apache wrote: »
    What site are you guys using to watch greys online?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭apache

Tut! Just tell me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Had the makings of a good ep, but was utterly ruined by Meredith scarpering off to Minnesota to be with Cristina on the day that her husband does his first post crash surgery, fcuks it up and oh yeah...his best friend dies. How fcuking selfish was that? Shonda Rhimes has no clue about how weird and dysfunctional this strange co dependance that Mer and Cris have on each other is. It's been spoiling the show for me for years.

And in other news, I'm off to Maine next week to meet and greet Patrick Dempsey/McDreamy at his charity bike ride. Oh yeah baby !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

I wasn't mad about the new episode at all, found it pretty boring in places, think the twist at the end with Arizona just about saved it.

Anyone else find the whole Karev storyline ridiculously cheesy & predictable? Also, no prizes for guessing what Christina will decide to do in the next few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

I liked the episode but like ProudDUB said I thought it was weird the way Mer up and left her husband to watch his best friend die on his own. I mean under no circumstance would a normal wife do that. It wasn't like her best friend was ill or need her immediately.

I also didn't like the Karev storyline, it seemed like we had seen it all before.

Next weeks episode is gonna show us what they went through being stuck out in the woods for the week. I'm hoping Mark isnt unconscious for the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Any faithful watchers??Cant seem to find an updated thread!

Watched S9 Premier last night - Loved it, was shocked at the end with Arizona! Cant wait for next week to see how they dealt with the aftermath of the plane crash!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,972 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

You can be sure that's exactly what they'll do. I think Dempsy is leaving too after his whole announcement that season 8 would be his last and then saying it was taken out of context - I'm not sure the change of heart and a signing for 2 more seasons is actually true; more of a foiler.

Who do we have out there alive? Meredith, Cristina, Arizona, Mark and Derek. Here are my predictions:
    • Meredith - well, main character and narrator. She won't die until the show dies.
    • Cristina - Will live... and become head of cardio at SGMW now that Teddy is gonezo.
    • Arizona - Dead as a doornail I'm sorry to say. With Callie being too positive about everything it's almost a certainty in my book. Plus it is the only way Karev stays at SGMW now. Add to that that the fact that Jessica Capshaw is now pregnant with her third child and it doesn't look good. She also seems OK at the moment (better than Mark who is the obvious choice for death) but has that cough - the only way she lives is if the next guy dies...
    • Mark - ...and he won't. Mark is comic relief and is too obvious a choice to die. Plus it would be too easy; lazy writing IMO.
    • Derek - dead. Dempsy wants to leave the show and has said so publicly; I know at least one character is leaving due to a breakdown in contract re-negotiation and I can almost guarantee it's Dempsy. Did anyone catch what he said at the very end after Cristina told them all to stay awake?

phasers is dead on (pun intended) about what keeps April at SGMW and if she stays (and with Lexi dead) Avery will certainly stay as well.

Welp. Good thing I'm not a betting man! :pac:

I stick with my original point about killing off Mark: Lazy.
    I thought the episode was extraordinarily boring and instead of writing a good, emotional episode it felt like they were just going at you with in-your-face emotional stuff. Greys has always been pretty bad at emotional stuff, but they really pulled it in last season and did stuff that was powerful but not obvious. They're back to obvious.

Time to wrap this show up IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo have signed two year contract extensions

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo have signed two year contract extensions
    yeah dempsey said hes sign as long as filming the show didnt affect his sporting career driving whatever the hell he drives in, so id expect him to be missing from time to time,

Episode 2 was miles better. Less lazy plot devices and going straight for the cheap emotions. Good writing and acting make that episode miles more satisfying than the first.

• Advertisement

Interesting, Neve Campbell gets multi episode arc: http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/10/greys-anatomy-season-9-casting-news.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

just finished crying my eyes out after watching last nights episode! it was so sad :(

the sound distorting thing they did during the episode drove me absolutley bonkers! you couldn't understand a word they said! :mad:

LOathe this show....it panders to females and manipulates there emotions to get themm to blub and ship and invest in the show....and 9 seasons later the cash making formula works.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

LOathe this show....it panders to females and manipulates there emotions to get themm to blub and ship and invest in the show....and 9 seasons later the cash making formula works.

Coming from you who watches every show possible on TV :rolleyes:

so dont watch it and get out of the thread and dont come back, the way you talk about shows its like someone makes you sit down and forcibly watch them, if i dont like a show, you know what i do, i STOP watching them and stay away from the thread about the show,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its starting on Sky living tonight the start of series 9 if anyone wants to catch up on it or want to see it first if they haven't done so before it starts on RTE when ever that will be!?

Oh so loving the whole april and jackson thing going on....so sweet! Its cute and makes me swoon! Just the clips i've seen only seen Episode 1 series 9 looking forward to the rest of the series! Not bothered by spoilers its more fun to watch, couldn't wait any longer now that it on sky living!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

doovdela wrote: »
    Its starting on Sky living tonight the start of series 9 if anyone wants to catch up on it or want to see it first if they haven't done so before it starts on RTE when ever that will be!?

anyone know when series nine is starting on RTE?? normally they are before Living, but not this time! Didn't realise it had started on Living until a few episodes in, so would rather wait for rte now. I'm thinking it will be January!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    anyone know when series nine is starting on RTE?? normally they are before Living, but not this time! Didn't realise it had started on Living until a few episodes in, so would rather wait for rte now. I'm thinking it will be January!?

It's normally shown on a Tues night on RTE isn't it? I'd say once homeland is finished (only three more episodes left), so early in Jan is my guess.

• Advertisement

If you have sky its on sky living at 10pm on Wednesdays, 4th episode of the 9th series just gone but its repeated on this coming Sunday same Channel same time.

I say it won't be long on nearer to Christmas/January I'd say as I remember the series 8 started a few weeks of each other between the sky living channel first then RTE.

Advertisement