Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grey's Anatomy (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Really flat return and another over-reliance on the patented Grey's Anatomy time jump. I think I'm most annoyed by this show because every now and then they do really good episodes and arcs, but it feels like when they're on a roll, they let the substitute writers come in and mess it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Burke is coming back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Burke is coming back

i wonder how Patrick Dempsey and the others feel about that?

he hasn't worked much since he left though so i wonder is it for financial reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i wonder how Patrick Dempsey and the others feel about that?

he hasn't worked much since he left though so i wonder is it for financial reasons?

The actor was approached to return a part of Yangs exit storyline it will be a one of appearence.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jillymayr

I really dont like that Yang is leaving right when Owen seems to finally get that she's the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

jillymayr wrote: »
    I really dont like that Yang is leaving right when Owen seems to finally get that she's the one

Yep and she's finally getting back on good terms with Meredith too. For a while it seemed like they were just going to have her lose everything and then vanish but now it looks like they're bringing her back into the fold, so her departure will affect the characters a lot more. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭jenjenten

Someone else from Private Practice is gonna be on the show now: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Caterina-Scorsone-Greys-Anatomy-1079452.aspx

jenjenten wrote: »
    Someone else from Private Practice is gonna be on the show now: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Caterina-Scorsone-Greys-Anatomy-1079452.aspx

Yay I like Amelia

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clodaghb1

Hi

Would anyone know where to get greys anatomy box set on dvd - series 1-9. Found on amazon, but very expensive.

Have only started to watch it recently on sky demand. And last month Sky took it off but was already hooked so am now in desperate need of a fix. So if anyone knows where i might get it. Or perhaps someone wanting to sell their box set.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Season 1-9 on Netflix US

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

God they look so young in the first series.

I think the show has run its course now at this stage.

Gaius Charles and Tessa Ferrer (Shane and Leah) wont be back for Season 11

Gaius Charles and Tessa Ferrer (Shane and Leah) wont be back for Season 11

Thank god. Shane runs off with Yang?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Bailey is the most annoying character in it. She knocked over the chair and then had to put it back up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

I wasn't crazy about that latest episode for some reason.

I know it was probably building up to a Yang send off but it just felt like a filler episode and I would rather have had the flash-forwards be a little shorter so they had time to tease a new plot development or something at the end. The alternate futures were fun to watch but I just didn't like that they took up an entire episode.

Not a bad episode by any means, I just wasn't mad about it.

well i have to say i enjoyed that finale,

it made me cry, laugh and sets up next year nicely,
    it was nice not to see any of the main cast die i was convinced they would since they were getting rid of two surgeons.

and that twist
    with Bailey vs Karev, all while watching it i was think catherine or owen or someone would step in and not allow Bailey be a board member, i just saw they were setting her up for another fall, BUT the christina giving Karev her shares i thought not only was it so likely an action for that character since they always were the three amigo's since george died and izzy left, it suits that they would look out for one another and it made me smile, but that it adds a nice twist to next season as they figure out where they legally stand.

also loved that bit at the end with (major spoiler)
    Another Grey sister joining the show, gotta feel for mer though, always thought she was an only child and sisters are coming out of the woodwork,

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

well i have to say i enjoyed that finale,

it made me cry, laugh and sets up next year nicely,
    it was nice not to see any of the main cast die i was convinced they would since they were getting rid of two surgeons.

and that twist
    with Bailey vs Karev, all while watching it i was think catherine or owen or someone would step in and not allow Bailey be a board member, i just saw they were setting her up for another fall, BUT the christina giving Karev her shares i thought not only was it so likely an action for that character since they always were the three amigo's since george died and izzy left, it suits that they would look out for one another and it made me smile, but that it adds a nice twist to next season as they figure out where they legally stand.

also loved that bit at the end with (major spoiler)
    Another Grey sister joining the show, gotta feel for mer though, always thought she was an only child and sisters are coming out of the woodwork,
    +1 on bit at end. Looking forward to seeing that play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Huge plus one to what you said hoodwinked. Best ever season finale for Grey's. So so good.

Wow. The opener was so awful it is almost beyond words. Awful CGI, incoherent story and plot, bad acting. Are they all phoning it in now, or is everyone working on other Shonda Rhimes projects and neglecting their main breadwinner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Wow. The opener was so awful it is almost beyond words. Awful CGI, incoherent story and plot, bad acting. Are they all phoning it in now, or is everyone working on other Shonda Rhimes projects and neglecting their main breadwinner?

Yeah especially for a season opener...like another grey family story...yawn

Another pile of garbage this week. Also, what's with the awful CGI again?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Is it just me or is the lighting very unforgiving on Meredith these days? I suppose Ellen Pompeo's just getting a bit older...

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

I have to say, that was a return to form this week. Really enjoyed this episode. Although I am very tired of Derek's storyline to be honest.

It was better than the previous 2 weeks, but still very poor IMO

Kelly McCreary(Maggie) has been promoted to series regular

Kelly McCreary(Maggie) has been promoted to series regular
    No surprise there. She's annoying as hell though.

am i going crazy or is grey's not airing tonight?

am i going crazy or is grey's not airing tonight?
    Nope - back next week :)

• Advertisement

Nope - back next week :)

i hate the way in the states they take these "week off" things, every year i swear i'll wait until it's on sky living and watch every week instead and every year i find myself up to date and waiting....

Advertisement