Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox and Gmail "slow connection" so basic view only-grand when using IE though-why

• 02-07-2008 4:14pm

As per the title.
    I'm using the latest firefox.
    The basic html view is crap-no easy use of address's etc

Theres no problem when using IE and theres no problem on any other pc or laptop here using the same connection

What do I change to get rid of this problem?

I cannot access standard view at all-I just get variations of the following error message:

This is taking longer than usual. Try reloading the page.
    If that doesn't work, you can:
    1. If you're on a slow connection, try basic HTML view.
    2. For more troubleshooting tips, visit the help center.
    the help centre is useless.

Windows XP by the way and I'm using Zone alarm-though why would either cause a problem in firefox on this pc as I have both on the lappy aswell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Have you tried using a new Firefox profile? Might have a plug in effecting Javascript parsing.

How do I do that ? :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Sorry, my bad :)

Start > Run > firefox.exe --profilemanager

Create a new profile, and open it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Delete please --- Duplicate post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Download Dr TCP and set the MTU value to 1300 then reboot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=58875&stc=1&d=1215071687

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

I'm not sure what your problem is, is it gmail won't open as normal using firefox?

If thats the case just clear your gmail cookies/cache in firefox and try again. Happens to me too occasionally. Go to tools* -> options -> privacy tab. Bottom of that screen is the private data section. Click on clear now and select cookies and cache. Be warned that this may** stop you auto logging into sites like boards, gmail and any other, ie you'd have to enter passwords again.

*Instructions for ff3, ff2 would be similar enough iirc.
    **It did on ff2 iirc but there are more options in ff3 so perhaps may not clear your passwords and this problem hasn't happened to me in ff3 yet so not sure. May need to clear the saved passwords too, though i doubt it.

Hope i understood problem correctly, if not ignore :)

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    I'm not sure what your problem is, is it gmail won't open as normal using firefox?
    Correct.
    If thats the case just clear your gmail cookies/cache in firefox and try again. Happens to me too occasionally. Go to tools* -> options -> privacy tab. Bottom of that screen is the private data section. Click on clear now and select cookies and cache. Be warned that this may** stop you auto logging into sites like boards, gmail and any other, ie you'd have to enter passwords again.
    Tried that and no joy.

Tried all of the above suggestions too,thanks and no joy.
    Baffled.
    Any more ideas?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You've definitely created a new profile that doesn't use any of the plugins you might have used under the original profile?
    What version firefox, have you gone up to 3? Maybe delete and re-install?

Advertisement