Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't call my vagina smelly.

Options
  • 02-07-2008 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Righto. Caught a comment on the Brazilian thread but I didn't want to hijack it and get right off topic but it's an issue that really needs addressing. The comment I'm referring to is this which relates to a Brazilian wax:
    it says to me that a girl appricates (sic) that a hairy minge can be gross looking, sweaty and smelly. Lastly it tastes clean and fresh to those of us who like to dive.

And apart from it being a comment like that says to me that a man talks more than the action he's alluding to, it's a belief that is instilling truths in women that have no factual basis and is also spurring them on to do things they don't want to do to their bodies and that's not okay.

Firstly, and really importantly, vaginas are meant to have hair. You think we just grow there for fun and, in the above case, derision? As someone who has waxed a lot of female and male pubic hair in her time, Brazilians are a recent trend and a fashion encouraged by magazines. Unfortunately, men are starting to believe the drivel they peddle in that by not waxing down there that you are somehow not a real woman, that it's better for you or that you don't care about yourself. For women who actually pay attention to what men believe is true, are then made to feel that what they have is inadequate or wrong.

There is nothing wrong with a bold, hairy bush. If a woman wants to tend to her garden or leave it run rampant, that's her choice, not yours. Sure no one's telling you to run off and get your naddies waxed, are they?

The majority of my clientele, except for those who have hair removed for the purposes of occupation (ie. gymnasts, cyclists, swimmers, dancers etc) only know about this procedure via the promotion of it in the media. When I ask them why they want one the answer is nearly always the same - either "My man likes it..." or "..they say sex is sooo much better..."

If the latter is true for you then I'd wager you're having rotten sex to begin with or, more likely, you're not having sex at all.

Waxing all of the hair off the vagina is actually a health risk. Pubic hair has several functions that actually serve to protect our wonderful bodies. So if you think a vagina is gross looking in its wild and woolly abandon then I should perhaps suggest that you go forth and bat for the other team. If not, get creative. A touch of imaginative topiary arranging can do wonders for the inquisitive.

And there's the imagined smell factor. Dare I say it, but education seems to be the key element missing for some, is that for women who practice regular hygiene smell, sweat and taste sensations are not an issue for those who have hair. If truth be known, it's the baldies that are likely to succumb to a few florid whiffs and a little tartness on the palate due to the fact that bacteria runs rampant on, shall we say, a featureless landscape.

So. Perhaps next time you dive, you might ensure that your partner has had a bath that month. No doubt this will ensure that further disparaging comments about our brilliant vaginas are set aside for something a little more enlightening.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement