Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas cylinders (3kg 6l butane) in Galway - Where from?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Yet again I need to pick your brains (mmm brains)

Does anyone know where sells the 6kg, 3litre butane gas cylinders. They're the ones you use on gas hobs for camping etc. I was thinking Millets camping shop in the Galway SC, but they might not stock ones that big?

Anyone got any ideas? They're the re-fillable ones. Don't think i've ever seen anywhere that sells the big gas cylinders stock them - they only seem to do the big yellow ones

Any advise much appreciated as usual ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

A bit of investigation tells me that I need Camping Gaz R907 (2.75KG) cylinders, available from Grate Gas in the Galway SC - Anyone know if that place is still open?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

hmmm.....fibre glass saw blades....cylinders of gas..... highly suspect......:pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

*Wonders what kind of mad time machine John Cleary is building with all these random tools & equipment*

Grate Gas +353 (091)xxx
    They seem to be closed atm, but try ringing the number tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

This gas powered fibre glass saw blade throwing machine is peaking my interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just what is he building in there..highly suspicious johncleary..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

A chainsaw a few weeks ago as well, if I recall correctly ;) Need a hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

If you build it,
    He will come

Thanks for the contact information :)

So, a few weeks ago a chainsaw
    Then a fibreglass cutting blade
    And now the gas cylinder :eek:

What am I building?? Hmm, answers on a post-card :p

(I predict front page on the Galway First next week: "Galweigan suspected of Al-kieda (however the fcul ya spell it) weapen-maker" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Yeah Grate Gas will sort you out. Leaders on the Tuam Road will refill them for cheap once you have bought them.

'cptr

Yeah Grate Gas will sort you out. Leaders on the Tuam Road will refill them for cheap once you have bought them.

'cptr

Sweet, I just happen to know the owners for the refills :D Don't suppose they sell the cylinders themselevs do they?

• Advertisement

Great stuff - Grate Gas has them - but for €74 :eek: I'll be making sure not to lose the empty cylinder!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's harsh....the full size 11kg of butane/propane are usually about 50-ish....so more for less.....hmmm.

That's harsh....the full size 11kg of butane/propane are usually about 50-ish....so more for less.....hmmm.

Probably because the demand for the 907 is quite small compared to the high turnover of the 11kg ones

I'm sure I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere (empty ones goign on eBay for a tenner, but then theres postage) but tbh I needed it for this weekend. Tell ya what though i'll be making sure not to lose this cylinder!

Advertisement