Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a second ipod on same itunes...?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i would be so greatful to anyone who could help me...:(

i have set up my ipod nano on itunes and i have almost 1200 songs both from my cd collection and purchased from itunes, my boyfriend has an ipod classic 30GB with around 2000 songs on it and he really wants to add more onto it...

the problem is he doesnt have his laptop that he put the 2000 songs onto his ipod anymore and he wants to take off some songs and put on others using my itunes. is there any way that we can do this? anytime i try sync his ipod with my itunes this comes up:

"Are you sure you want to sync music? All existing songs & playlists on the ipod will be replaced with songs from your itunes library"
    :confused:
    he actually has some good songs so we dont want that to happen... as he will lose all his songs...

HELP please ! there has to be a way around this !?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,085 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Can't you import all of his Ipod songs into your library, without the synch, and take it from there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 xashx

synch? please excuse my ignorance but could you explain a little bit for me please!?

When it asks you whether you want to Synch Ipod No2 with your Itunes, tell it no.

In Itunes isn't there a function for importing files from Ipod No2 into your music Library and onto your hard-drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

say no. then one his ipod has been accepted and you can name it, go into options for that ipod and select manual update, this means that all his songs wont be wiped and replaced with yours, but he can pick and choose what he wants by picking and dragging them from the library and dropping them over the icon for his ipod in the menu bar on the left!

say no. then one his ipod has been accepted and you can name it, go into options for that ipod and select manual update, this means that all his songs wont be wiped and replaced with yours, but he can pick and choose what he wants by picking and dragging them from the library and dropping them over the icon for his ipod in the menu bar on the left!

I'm more of a "Creative" anti-Apple person myself;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement