Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a place in Limerick

Options
  • 02-07-2008 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭

Hey I currently live in Caherdavin and my current accommodation is not suitable for my needs. A few times now I've missed the opportunity to get a more suitable room in the Caherdavin area. My main source of info for available rooms is daft.ie and sometimes the Limerick Post. I've two questions and I hope someone can answer or help me out on here.
    1. Why is are there so few rooms to let in the Caherdavin area?
    2. Does anybody no a more effective way of finding rooms other than The Post and daft.ie?

Btw I need to be west of the Shannon due to the fact that I work in Shannon town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Caherdavin is pretty close to LIT so for around 9 months of the year you are going to be competing with students for accomodation in that area. Also like yourself alot of people who work out in Shannon find it more convenient to live at that side of the city.

You could try the classified ads on www.limerickpost.ie too, plus you may have to pay a visit to a few estate agencies. Might be an idea to give them your contact details in the event something pops up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

bazz26 wrote: »
    Caherdavin is pretty close to LIT so for around 9 months of the year you are going to be competing with students for accomodation in that area. Also like yourself alot of people who work out in Shannon find it more convenient to live at that side of the city.

You could try the classified ads on www.limerickpost.ie too, plus you may have to pay a visit to a few estate agencies. Might be an idea to give them your contact details in the event something pops up.

Any estate agencies in particular you would recommend? Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

It's a while since I did it, but the Limerick Leader on a Wed night/Thur morning was always good for accommodation, but that was a few years ago now, so open to correction if things have changed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

What is your budget? Do you drive to Shannon or take the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Jumpy wrote: »
    What is your budget? Do you drive to Shannon or take the bus?

€450. I drive to Shannon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement