Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Support Contracts

Options
  • 02-07-2008 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience in pricing for IT support contracts? I need to put a price together for supporting four sister companies in three locations throughout Ireland and the UK. Staffing levels of 22, 25, 11 and 70. I will be supporting all Hardware and Software issues for all and some training in web site updating and Graphic editing for Magazines etc. I will also support their DMS system, and the VPN system that carries it. Has anyone any idea of what I should charge for this type of service per annum? All help greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

A large contract - Pricing would depend on the quality of the networks in the sites ( new hardware under warrenty - good brand of hardware and the quality of the software installed onto the server/apps/pc) these would let you guess at the amount of calls you will be getting from them. Have you to provice a guaranteed response time to the 4 sites? Can you setup a vpn to each site from your office/laptop and do troubleshooting via remote desktop?

How good is their mail setup - goes down regularly?then more calls?
    Same for their anti spam and AV

If a laptop goes in the uk are they to send it to you or you to go to them or can you have an IT support company over there to do the manul work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

It really depends on the contract. Would you be required to replace failing and replacement hardware in the contract?. Such as printer components, hard drives etc?. Is your contract supposed to cover software licensing for the company such as Notes client licenses or Microsoft licensing?.

Put it this way, if the same company came to IBM for managed services they would be looking at 60-80k for this type of service. Given the size of the contract I would be looking around the 30-40k mark (ex vat).

Thats a lot of users and will more or less be a full time job for someone. Be 100% of the requirements of the company before you start drawing up contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Lad's all parts will be purchased by the company and they will also cover my expenses if I need to travel to any of the other sites. I had a figure of 30 or 40 in my head allright but how exactly I would structure it is my problem!
    There will have to be a guaranteed response depending on the level of the issue. I have VPN access to all bar one site and part of the contract will be installing and setting up Router and pix in the last site for access to it.
    All info greatly appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

your supporting about 120 users, = 120 laptops / desktops

How many servers are your supoprting
    Whats Applications are they using

Windows / Linux / unix
    Lotus notes/ Exchange / pop mail

How many switches / firewalls are you supporting

How many printers are supported?

How many UPS

Whats their backup solution, have they backup unit on each site/

What do they deem mission critical equipment?

Are all sites part of the one Domain? is there mail servers per site?

If a laptop dies, do you have to cover the cost of this?

tech wrote: »
    your supporting about 120 users, = 120 laptops / desktops

Correct

How many servers are your supoprting
    2 windows, 1 linux, 2 unix
    Whats Applications are they using
    Standard file share for most, DMS system( Has its own Support),MRP System, various design packages.

Windows / Linux / unix
    Lotus notes/ Exchange / pop mail
    Pop mail.

How many switches / firewalls are you supporting
    Site to Site Cisco VPN's for each site.

How many printers are supported?
    About 20

How many UPS
    About 5

Whats their backup solution, have they backup unit on each site/
    Most backups are centralised

What do they deem mission critical equipment?
    DMS Server and access to it.

Are all sites part of the one Domain? is there mail servers per site?
    2 Domains, rest to be added

If a laptop dies, do you have to cover the cost of this?
    No, Its purely labour I need to cover, I am not supplying warranty for equipment, just the service of managing the repair's and maintenance of all

Hope all those answers help. Please remember I do not have to cover the cost of Hardware. The structure of this is essentially a retainer for my services to support these sites and all their IT needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

wouldnt it be easier if they just employed you?:D

Probably would but that's not what I want I'm afraid!

Advertisement