Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi are on the way

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No update on the website yet, decision due today

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/235276.htm

oh ffs
    :rolleyes:

So they've extended the date a few times now and even though it was due yesterday they've still not decided

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Bloody joke :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

i see they started taken the roof of the old building on the hebron road today where aldi is going, hopefully its the start of the new aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭m4rkiz

Decision: Refuse Permission

Date Signed: 19/04/2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Fail! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

What reason did they have??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

KatCookie wrote: »

pp1.jpg
    pp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Judicial review time.

They ignore the inspectors recommendations.

You are ****ing kidding me, Supervalue have alot to answer for for their continuous objections to other companys...the chosen site was the best site in respect of building in Callan, in addition it had the best direct road access (the bypass) without causing additional traffic issues in the town like we see with supervalue and all the problems it causes.

What the hell is wrong with these people, next they;'ll suggest building in west street is a good idea :rolleyes:

:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

KatCookie wrote: »

Fixed that for you:
    picture.php?albumid=1042&pictureid=5974

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

God I was going to go to Supervalu this morning to get the bit of grub for the dinner but now i am just so darn angry now that I believe I will take my ten euro elsewhere!

Did you know that Kilkenny's Lidl is the busiest Lidl store in Europe? Fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Wow, have you got a link for that Fabby?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

fabbydabby wrote: »

Do you mean per checkout :p

Anytime I'm up there the place is mental and there's only two checkouts open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

catbear wrote: »
    Wow, have you got a link for that Fabby?
    I don't I am afraid, but I was very reliably informed, though that's not much good to anyone, is it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

fabbydabby wrote: »
    God I was going to go to Supervalu this morning to get the bit of grub for the dinner but now i am just so darn angry now that I believe I will take my ten euro elsewhere!

don't kow about lidl, but carlows aldi is the busiest aldi there is ( the one on hanover rd.) . . .

Aldi have applied for planning permission in Thomastown, accross the road from supervalu. They only applied a few weeks ago, so it'll be a while before we know . . .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Aldi have applied for planning permission in Thomastown, accross the road from supervalu. They only applied a few weeks ago, so it'll be a while before we know . . .

I think we know how that's going to fair out :mad:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I think we know how that's going to fair out :mad:

When lidl went in in thomastown, there were some protests against it, i'm not sure who from, and they had no liquor licence so the building was there ages finished but not opened . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

aldi at last have got the green light to build over beside lidl. and with work starting to happen on the hebron road site we might have two store's this time next year,

• Advertisement
Advertisement