Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

driving while disqualified

Options
  • 02-07-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hello,
    my boyfriend was recently drink driving disqualified for 2 years.
    he has
    acquired a false licence and continues to drive saying that he won't be caught because he stays inside the speed limits and his car is taxed and insured until next year.

i have looked on the internet and seen that others have been caught driving while banned and gone to prison.

how can i persuade him that this is stupid.

why is there no database where all disqualified drivers are registered, as his attitude is 'if no one knows, then no one can find out'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd just leave him - you don't want to have stupid children, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Ring that gards and tell them. He's a danger to himself and others on the road... You can't blanket-ban a car's reg if someone has been disqualified... what if others use the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Damn! Where did i put my popcorn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

idiot, hes not insured even though he may hae bought insurance. His insurance is null and void since hes disqualified.

He can get caught, what if he gets stopped for breath test (he might pass this time) and hes asked for his licence. Many people get asked for their licence especially with the new rules relating to learner drivers the guards are asking to see licences more. A guard will spot a fake licence no problem if they are worth anything. A guard can ask him for his licence at any stage. I dont speed or drive bad but ive been asked for my licence.

Your boyfriend is an idiot and hopefully he will not cause an accident and injure someone and if he does he will be jailed, further disqualified and will be hit with medical bills for the other person and possible further civil prosecution from the other driver.

Dump him if hes that damn stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rebecca m

i care for him so i'm not going to leave him.

as for telling the Guards, thats not really an option either as I don't want him to end up in trouble with them.

the problem is that we live in a small town and as it was'nt reported in the regional papers he thinks nobody knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

From a motoring point of view the issue is clearcut. What your boyfriend is doing is illegal on several points, stupid and just not cricket :D

Nobody here will tell you otherwise.

As for ways and means to get this message across to him, I would suggest that you try personal issues http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127 .
    That's where all the caring and touchy-feely people hang out. Here you (or your boyfriend) are just going to get abused from atop horses of varying height.

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement