Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee Sacked for being over productive?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I as an employee work in a average multicorporation and they give me a contract that promises I can use the gym on site and other social facilities on site after work or during a rest break and it states that an employee can also use the work PC for personal use and in fact the multicorportae company deducts money from the employee wages every week towards these facilities. Now if the employee had a set working hours and a set salary, i.e ,
    To get extra pay for extra work she (employee) must put in for overtime in order to get paid any money above his salary and she is not gaining from being on site after work and she is under no obligation to work outside her set hours.

Would it be in breach of the organisation of worktime act 1997 if this person used her office PC for personal use some hours after clocking off work. Presumably the employee is allowed to be on site afterwork ( the contract ) and is allowed to use the PC for personal use, but the employee never attempted to charge overtime or try by any means to get overtime.

Can the worker be sacked for breaching the organisation of worktime act 1997 or the EU worktime directive based on the above circumstances?**

Would it be a breach of contract if the manager without neccessity* or legimate reason acted and spoke as if the employee was no longer allowed on site after work ( despite this never being clearly explained to the employee ) and her wages still being deducted by the company for the use of site facilities?

I would love to know the answer to this question.**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Some of your questions are legal questions, you'll need to talk to a solicitor about them. I need to close this because you won't be able to trust any of the answers you'll get on this forum.

Talking to a legal professional is your only option here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement