Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend Alloys for VW Golf?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I just changed my car... SIR civic... down to a 2002 Golf - fuel costs were just too much! :(

Im looking for recommendations on wheels... nothing over the top... just something nice on a bit of a budget too.

Any suggestions as to what to buy/where to buy/best deals at the moment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

NiSmO wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Loved my Honda though :(

Anyway... I need some ideas.
    Whats the going price for RS4's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I'd just go round scrap yards and get a nice original set for a golf, there's nothing classier than that. I think the Audi wheels on golfs has been done to death, same for over the top chomies and cheap €400 packages.
    I think a real nice clean and original golf would be more impressive at this stage. A bit riskier than buying new but way better when on a budget.
    Just my opinion! :)
    Just google image search for ones u like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Tossy has these on a bora. Seem similar about and look well. Think they are MKIV anniversary GTI wheels
    dsc01249tl3pt3.th.jpg
    Have a search on the post a picture of your car thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

well
    I've got old style Rs4's on my mk4. I think they are the second nicest wheels for a golf (the nicest being the bbs CH's, but are mucho exspensive). They RS6's are nice too.
    This is her haha
    DSC01921.jpg

• Advertisement

Rory123 wrote: »
    I'd just go round scrap yards and get a nice original set for a golf, there's nothing classier than that. I think the Audi wheels on golfs has been done to death, same for over the top chomies and cheap €400 packages.
    I think a real nice clean and original golf would be more impressive at this stage. A bit riskier than buying new but way better when on a budget.
    Just my opinion! :)
    Just google image search for ones u like.

Yeah I've been watching out but not much luck!
    I'd like a set of original GTI wheels.
    Tossy has these on a bora. Seem similar about and look well. Think they are MKIV anniversary GTI wheels
    dsc01249tl3pt3.th.jpg
    Have a search on the post a picture of your car thread

I like them but I've done that whole style before ... dark on black etc... just looking for a change. Thanks for the suggestion.
    well
    I've got old style Rs4's on my mk4. I think they are the second nicest wheels for a golf (the nicest being the bbs CH's, but are mucho exspensive). They RS6's are nice too.
    This is her haha
    DSC01921.jpg

Exactly what I meant by RS4's... this is what I want.
    Whats the average price of these babies? ---- can you still get them and where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

toora have some nice wheels. go up the north and you'll get a much better deal/package.

i use to have similar 18's to this except my inner bars were silver. lovely wheels, i had more people asking me where i got them!!! not so fun when i cracked it and had to get one specially delivered from italy, for €350 considering i paid €850 for a set of 4 with tyres!

small_t550_103.jpg

Will have a google for a few.

I'm going for a simple golf look, dont wanna go over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭The Gambler 101

Old Audi Rs6's, would absolutely make the golf, also the new R32's are beautiful, make the golf really stand out. if you live and drive around on real good roads get 18's, if not 17's.

Where you based? Callaghans in Burt, Co. Donegal (google them) do a full range of replica wheels and as far as i know will arrange to post / courier them. From what I've heard they are good on price also....

• Advertisement

Im in longford... gonna google right now and see if I can find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah but imo 17's look lost on golfs, unless lowered

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

iRock wrote: »
    Im in longford... gonna google right now and see if I can find them.

will you let me know how u get on im also looking for alloys for a 02 golf was gonna post askin the very same question.im also in the midlands

Táck wrote: »
    yeah but imo 17's look lost on golfs, unless lowered

Lol hence why i'm lowering mine.

Try planet auto, they're good for replica's. Paid 775 for mine including a set of lock nuts. 3 day waitin time.

I think I'll get away with 18's

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055092364
    I got top quality 17" r4 alloys including low profile tyres next day delivery for 650euros plus 35euro next day delivery.

Callaghan Performance,

John Callaghan performance

Burt, Co Donegal.

Half what I was quoted in Dublin! :D

074 936 8122
    Email: Info@callaghanstyrecentre.com

yabadabado wrote: »
    will you let me know how u get on im also looking for alloys for a 02 golf was gonna post askin the very same question.im also in the midlands

Will do!
    Lol hence why i'm lowering mine.

Try planet auto, they're good for replica's. Paid 775 for mine including a set of lock nuts. 3 day waitin time.

I'm lowering mine also..... maybe 18's would be too much lowered?...perhaps 17s the way to go and get it down?
    Where you based? Callaghans in Burt, Co. Donegal (google them) do a full range of replica wheels and as far as i know will arrange to post / courier them. From what I've heard they are good on price also....

Check theyre site..... No much info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Impressive!

!7's are grand. The brother has a MK5 with 18" and lowered 40 and it's just a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

iRock wrote: »
    Check theyre site..... No much info there.
    I've been in the shop. They have a store as big as a basketball court with wheels stacked to the ceiling. Try ringing cos i'd be very surprised if they don't have them. I actually bought alloys for my first car from them years ago (they where used and remember getting them cheap - 14" for an old civic!)

I'll definately give them a call!

OP, what colour is the golf??

also very nice. Plus the seller is wheelbase cheek their feedback they seem very good.

Limerick-man? you recently bought replicas were they heavy or what?

OP, what colour is the golf??

Black... sorry dont mean to be short ... just running out the door.

I'll check back tomorrow!

Laterz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

i dont think the picture posted of my wheels did them much justice as it was dark,heres another,the are BBS RC's,not technically the golf anniversary wheels as these are 8" wide as opposed to 7.5 and have a different finish to them,anyway the are my favourite wheel for the golf/bora

29062008132jy3.jpg

wheelbase have very good feedback.id prefer to buy in ireland but if thats the best thats around i think they cud be a good option.

the golf i wanna but the alloys on is navy blue something similar to this
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largepic.asp?i=571075&noPics=5&imgsrv=1&current=1&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=golf

any suggestions? i do like the look of the ones on wheelbase but not sure if the the inner circle(black) on the alloys will look poxy on a navy car

wheelbase have very good feedback.id prefer to buy in ireland but if thats the best thats around i think they cud be a good option.

the golf i wanna but the alloys on is navy blue something similar to this
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largepic.asp?i=571075&noPics=5&imgsrv=1&current=1&make=VOLKSWAGEN&model=golf

any suggestions? i do like the look of the ones on wheelbase but not sure if the the inner circle(black) on the alloys will look poxy on a navy car

Which alloys are you looking at? All the alloys come with a vw centre cap its just on in the pics

• Advertisement
Advertisement