Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm system cost

Options
  • 02-07-2008 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Alarm system recently keeled over and engineer told me the control panel is 15 years old and is shot. I am hoping the wiring and sensors are all ok.

Can someone let me know what I can expected to pay for the following before I go seeking a few quotations (also hoping to get a few pointers to reliable sources for quotations).

HKC secure control panel
    SABB external sounder
    2 * keypads
    2 * internal sounders

The engineer who came out to assess the system when it broke suggested getting an auto dialler to send texts messages when the alarm is activated. Is this a good add on option and what should I expect to pay or is there a better solution using wireless broadband or other options ?

Please feel free to point out anything I have missed out on or anything that has not been suggested that is worth considering.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Somewhere between €750 & €900 fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

koolkid wrote: »
    Somewhere between €750 & €900 fitted

Sounds about right to me to. Add on between 100-200 for the dialler too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Genco

Thanks for the input.

Seems from searching threads over the last day that electrical wholesalers stock this kind of stuff. I do not have a trade account anywhere but would welcome any suggestions where I can call in Dublin to get independent quotes for these parts to benchmark against what alarm companys offer when they quote? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

To be honest Genco, just try the usual wholesalers, you should not have an issue getting a price

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

Removed... advestising

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

removed advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

I'm in the same boat with my 17 year old alarm, got a new fault on a zone last night soon after I turned it on. I know I need the whole system updated and I need a few addisions added to the system, I have a few contacts myself but not easy to get at short notice with holidays and stuff. I have tried a new Irish site http://www.tenderme.ie/ where you can post for a tender not sure how much of a responce I will get but worth a try. I will let you know over the next few days if I get anyone trough it.

Advertisement