Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Jobs Abroad

Options
  • 02-07-2008 8:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi all,

Thinking of looking for a graduate job abroad after i graduate next summer, maybe in Australia. I'd love to hear anybody's experiences with taking a grad job abroad.

Oak.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Oakbark wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thinking of looking for a graduate job abroad after i graduate next summer, maybe in Australia. I'd love to hear anybody's experiences with taking a grad job abroad.

Oak.
    I guess this post could be a little more specific to what you mean by experiences..

With regards to qualifications, I am stateside and it seems Irish graduates are very well received. Anyone I have spoke to regards our education quite highly.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

What kind of area are you in Darren?
    Would the visa process not preclude many prospective Irish graduates from being considered for most jobs or how does it work in the current climate?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

What kind of area are you in Darren?
    Would the visa process not preclude many prospective Irish graduates from being considered for most jobs or how does it work in the current climate?

Thanks

Engineering. If you come on a J1 visa, it allows recent graduates to come to the US to get valid experience in their respective area. Unfortunately you need a company to sponsor you to do this, which is often difficult to obtain while residing across the pond in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i'm getting sponsored by an american company. They were looking for final years doing psych courses (h.dips, BA), and interviewed people from all the different colleges, so theres a little group of us going over soon. can't wait!!!!

Advertisement