Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

middle aged trying to lose 7lbs around the middle

• 02-07-2008 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi
    I am trying to lose 7lbs and it is mostly in the stomach area, I have quite a bloated tummy and as I am only 5ft 2 it makes me feel quite rounded. I walk 4 times a week for 50 mins approx and would be fairly active. I will tell you what I eat and hopeful you can point out somethings that I can cut out that might help. For breakfast I have porrige and coffee or a piece of fruit maybe tinned in own juice and a banana and a yougart low fat and coffee. Some days I would have and orange or apple at 11 .For lunch I would have 2 crisp bread with some egg salad from Lidl with some lettuce and sweetcorn and a pot of muller rice low fat and a coffee. I would try and drink a litre of water in the afternoon. For dinner I would have 1 potato some boiled veg like carrot parsnip brociili and a chicken breast or pork chop or a piece of grilled salmon. I would have a coffee and 1 biscuit after dinner. Later on at night I might have a piece of fruit and a low fat yoguart . At the weekend I would have a few glasses of wine on fri and sat night and a bowl of icecream both nights. Is there any thing I am having on a regular basis that I could cut out that might help. I try not to have much bread. I feel my tummy is fairly puffed what could be causing this?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Did you get lost on your way to Nutrition and Diet? Moved :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

OP, from your post your diet looks relatively good. However the lidl egg mayo jumped out. Now I'd guess that it is calorie and fat laden and most probably contains hydrongenated fat so I'd cut that out and find something else or make your own egg mayo using low fat mayo and that way you can control the fat and calories.

I'd also say take another look at your diet, maybe keep a food diary for a week and put EVERYTHING into it. I say this because we very often fool ourselves and forget to mention the little things you pick at every day.

For me, I've radically cut down on my carbs since Christmas and I've noticed recently that I've lost my love handles. My stomach never feels as bloated as it used to either. It's still there but it doesn'st stick out anymore.

So for me (and I'm about the same height as you and take regular exercise) I think cutting out carbs and switching from beer/wine to vodka have really made a difference. Also, because I switched from wine to vodka as my preferred tipple I don't drink a few glasses of wine at home on a quiet night in. Now I have a cup of tea instead and overall I'm drinking less than I did this time last year as I only drink when I go out.

Since Christmas I've dropped about 5-7lbs but the most noticeable difference is around my mid area and I honestly think excess carbs and alcohol were responsible for my emerging muffin top.

Advertisement