Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living expences

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

johnnyflav wrote: »
    Going back again, I'd take a much more critical approach to why you're going to college and how seriously you'll take it... you have to ask yourself is your degree going to be worth the best part of €150k

In my situation again I would have joined the workforce and earned some experience, which in many situations is more important for careers than qualifications.

Believe it or not, some people do degrees for more than economic advancement. I really really wish that vocational subjects were kept to the ITs tbh, the overall environment in UCD isn't terribly 'academic'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭bassman22

jimi_t wrote: »
    Believe it or not, some people do degrees for more than economic advancement.

I know, it's a shocker isn't it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

bassman22 wrote: »
    I don't dispute that you can survive on less than €20 a week for social life... but surviving isn't living. I don't think you can have a good social life for less than €20. I'm not just talking about drink here, non-alcoholic activities add up pretty fast too
    Well, a good social life is what ever makes you happy. There are lots of things you wont be able to do on a budget, but whatever you do like doing, theres probably a way of saving money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

sort of living experience related.

Does/did anyone live in cabinteely? is it handy for ucd and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

There's a Lidl on the 46A route, in Dean's Grange, and I do my weekly shop there for about €30 and I eat a lot!
    DON'T GO TO TESCO! It seems cheap but it's not, and tesco value is just crap quality compared to what you can get cheaply in Lidl or Aldi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

sort of living experience related.

Does/did anyone live in cabinteely? is it handy for ucd and stuff?
    145, 84 and 46c stop there and if you're cycling or driving the N11 runs right by Cabinteely with cycle track all the way into UCD. I don't live there but I'd estimate about 20 mins away. It'd be a bit of a walk though.

That's the village mind you, if you're right up the back of The Park or something it could be more awkward without a bike/car.

Advertisement