Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GTI

Options
  • 02-07-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

I've got two mk2 GTI Golf's, one is totally original and is staying that way. The second is a 5 door in white so that one is gonna have some changes made as I haven't the heart to break it and don't wanna sell it. It's the 8v version so I was thinking a new air intake for a start and an exhaust that isn't gonna cost the earth.

Also it has these dodgy 5 spoke alloys that I was thinking to spray black with a thin red line around them to match the grill. A previous owner sprayed the calipers red and I've fitted blacked out tail lights. Anybody got any other suggestions or anywhere reccommended for sourcing the parts?

I'm in Cork for work at the min but I'll post up some pics at the weekend

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Sounds the biz, fair play. I'd say lower it, they look well when lowered. The idea of the wheels sounds good too. Get up a few pics and we can judge from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?board=62.0

heres with a forum full of people you can get ideas and the like from! Nearly tempted start a mk3 project from looking at some of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Vagdrivers.net for some lovely Irish mk2s! You'll get some ideas over there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Did the wheels black last night. Looks good, need to sort out all of the rust spots on the body now though. No bad rust on her just surface. Interior is actually fairly mint in it, need an offside rear doorhandle too.

This be her

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

And the job I did on the wheels

DSC00042.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

su_dios wrote: »
    Just looking through that and I think I saw NiSmO on it!

Got lots of things sorted with the car... Then driving in the N7 it lost all power and I managed to get it home at about 10MPH, turned out it was a simple fix, the rotar arm had broken. €5 fix and 2 mins.

Fired it up and off she went. Turned the car off and it hasn't fired since. Engine turns, battery is fine, starter is fine, getting a spark. Can hear the fuel pump priming but not sure if the fuel is getting in.... Agh the joys of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Very nice golf, hate the newer ones, ugly, too heavy, Ultimate " uniformity statement "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

su_dios wrote: »

dam i looked at that site hoping for something else, wehey.... nice mk2 , and pictures of your other mk2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Did ya sort the problem Onkle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

http://www.gti-bits.co.uk/mk2parts.htm

if u do a search in google, a loooad of websites come up, relatively easy to source parts for them. id get all the trim etc neat, then start customising it, if thats what u want to do

zero19 wrote: »
    Did ya sort the problem Onkle?

Well I originally bought this car with the intention of breaking it, then I decided it was too good to break. But now a lack of space has made me change my mind.

So I'm going to break it and use any parts I can for the other Golf and sell the rest I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Onkle wrote: »
    Well I originally bought this car with the intention of breaking it, then I decided it was too good to break. But now a lack of space has made me change my mind.

So I'm going to break it and use any parts I can for the other Golf and sell the rest I suppose

Just susposing you were to sell it, what kinda money would it be making as one piece?

Just susposing you were to sell it, what kinda money would it be making as one piece?

Loads ;)

Advertisement