Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hairdressers?

• 02-07-2008 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Ok, vacuous thread alert - am looking for recommendations for a good hairdresser in the city?

I've avoided hairdressers for years now as anytime I got my hair cut before, I ended up with awful results and have stuck to getting the OH to just trim it at home.

So have decided to bite the bullet, go for a new style, and find a hairdresser that actually listens to what you want and does what you actually ask for, etc.

Sooooo, any recommendations? Which would be the best - so far have heard good things about toni & guy, and foxy chopper...

thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

are you male?
    get a razor/head shaver/shears type thing and give yourself a number 2 on the back and sides and a 3 on top get a dollop of dax wax or the like and your sorted for a month, the razor has paid for it self in 3 uses.

not only is it on the cutting edge (get it) of fashion but you can cut your hair when you want and not when someone called julian in toni & guys has a free space in the appointment book.
    and as i said its costs relatively nothing

are you feemale ?
    julian is free friday mornings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

toni and guy is pretty expensive for fellas, 35 euro (i nearly fainted) the last time i was in there. for just a regular wash and cut. didn't go back
    foxy chopper is good. friendly, laid back and they listen to what you say to them. about 20 to 25 euro.
    if you're just lookin for a short back and sides, razor number then the jolly barber or new art riot are pretty good. not sure of prices, been a while since i had me bulb shaved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

foxy choppers is brilliant, they actually listen to what you want, theres a lot of hype about them, but they certainly live up to it. They also do my brothers hair, so good for both males and females

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Thanks guys, believe me, if I were male I'd never go near a barbers let alone a hairdressers, it'd be clippers all the way!

I am just sick of the dead straight long hair I have, and want a slightly more trendy/less schoolgirl haircut so: Foxy Chopper seems to live up to the hype then? Cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

shhit, i thought you were a fella for some reason. and now, to be honest, feel fairly stupid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Waynecarr

Recommend Foxy Chopper also..€22 for mans wash and cut and they do what you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

I'd recommend Zen, ask for Lisa. Always gives a great cut and full of good ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

I went to Zen for a long time then just got bored with them I think they got to use to me coming in and they got stuck doing the same boring hairstyle, now I go to Foxy chopper since they opened (2years) Michael is great always coming up with new styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

denise in kevilles in georges court is class, or any of the girls there. the salon has won lots of awards, they are modern without being pushy, and really do know their stuff. prices are reasonable too. (and no im not connected or related, just a loyal happy customer!!)

Cheers guys and gals!:)

• Advertisement

OK just thought I'd add my own recommendation here now that I've gotten the chop - plumped for Foxy Chopper in the end thanks to some poster's recomendations, and have to say was very pleased with the service and results.

Advertisement