Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Shops in Limerick?

Options
  • 02-07-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a Semi-Acoustic for my Dad's retirement, looking for an Epiphone Dot in specific if I can get one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Savins, on O Connell Street, Steamboat Music on Steamboat Quay near the Clarion and FSV at the top of William Street near the fire station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

I'd recommend FSV. Great guys up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Azphyxi8 wrote: »
    I'd recommend FSV. Great guys up there.

+1

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Go into FSV they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

FSV or Savins, do not go near the guy in Steamboat Quay with a bargepole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Do FSV have any let-handed electric ones?
    One of the few things I do left -handed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Kess73 wrote: »

lol

+1 for FSV too

Peter Dee isn't in steamboat anymore. I think that's who you're on about. The new guy is grand.

Do FSV have any let-handed electric ones?
    One of the few things I do left -handed :(

They do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

As one other poster stated, peter dee has gone from there for quite some time. The new guys in there Dennis/Mark/John/Marcus are very nice and extremely helpful.
    TBH, if you were to steer clear of anywhere, it should be Savins. Ridiculous prices,poor selection of equipment. Much better service elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

If i was you and have already got your model picked out I would use an online source to pick up the guitar rather than any of these overpriced stores.
    sMusicstorekoeln or thomann would be good.

I agree that Musicstore and Thomann are cheaper but I brought this up with FSV when I was last buying equipment and they beat the price. So it may be worth your while to tell them what price you can get online and see if they can beat it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

actually, last time i was down in steamboat, they had a nice collection of acoustics. now granted, they arent famous names, but who cares, they are nice to play..

they had a few high end guitars too, but a nice collection down there (a lovely freshman tele!!)

fsv has some choice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Most of the guys in FSV are ex-Savins the owners are anyway I used to work with them years ago! Great bunch of lads.
    Surprised they stayed working for that slave driver for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 D. Murphy

I used to work in FSV when I was going out with one of the owners Tony Galvins's daughter, While i worked more in the electronic side of the store I did some time in the music side too, Cian there is one of the soundest lads working there and will help you with anything you want, Left handed, Right handed, Gibson, Fender whatever you want you will get it and if they dont have it they will order it just for you and have it before the week is over.

It was hands down the best place I have ever worked in and I can tell you now without any hangups that they care more for the customer then they do for themselves. There not lining there pockets with your money and selling you bad merchandise!

Give them a go, Even go down and talk to them! You will understand that there some of the nicest people in the business to buy from!

Also not to be preferential or anything dont buy from savons!!!!! It's terrible!!!! There prices are insane and there staff usualy dont know what there even selling half the time!!

Just go to fsv, Ask some questions then go to savons and ask the same questions, I bet you any money that in savons they wont answer you correctly or only answer half arsed!

Sorry to be on your case savons but the truth has to be told!

Advertisement