Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good radio between 10 and 12 weeknights

• 02-07-2008 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭

So I cry my eyes out when Tom Dunne is finished at 9.59 and have to wait 2 hours to hear Donal Dineen come on.

So what can I change over to at this time to hear something similar?Everything seems to be fairly daytime radio at this time and I can't pick up Phantom where I live.

Please help

EDIT - Oops sorry just heard Alison Curtis!Em am I a bit behind?Lets see how these 2 hours go then.Sorry!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

BBC Radio 2 or Spin 1038. Or try some of the internet stations. There's not much happening after ten unless you like to listen to a talk show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

If talkradio is your thing, Richard Bacon on BBC Five Live, Mon-Thurs 10-1am always has a half decent show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Moving DD to the middle of the night was an outrage, he started once at 9 pm which was brilliant, then it was 10, then bang! Midnight. :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

... or John Caddell for Bedrock on Phantom 105.2 between 10pm and 1am weeknights.

Phantom 105.2 Dublin, nationwide on NTL/Chorus 935 and around the world on phantom.ie (best quality web streams of any Irish radio station).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,448 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Donal Dineen after midnight is a good thing, there's less chance of hearing it, i mean come on, it's just weird, boring music he plays.. While i understand there is a place for him on the schedule, it makes more sense to have him on nice and late, allow people easily fall asleep... (it's like a public service from today fm :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Strictly Retro on Midlands 103 (103.5FM) Monday to Wednesday nights 10 till midnight. It's pretty good I reckon. But I would say that -> I'm the presenter! It's a predominantly 80's music show with a dash of the 70's and a splash of the 90's, with a couple of features too. ;)

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

RnaG from 11 onwards is a fantastic piece of radio....Taíbh Tuthall I think it's called....if you like your dance/techno stuff then it's about as good a 2 hours as you'll get anywhere on the Irish radiowaves IMO.
    if anyone involved in the show peruses these forums, I'd just like to say well done and hats off to you for bucking the trend in the deplorable quality of "dance" music that usually emanates from Irish radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Wertz wrote: »
    RnaG from 11 onwards is a fantastic piece of radio....Taíbh Tuthall I think it's called....if you like your dance/techno stuff then it's about as good a 2 hours as you'll get anywhere on the Irish radiowaves IMO.
    if anyone involved in the show peruses these forums, I'd just like to say well done and hats off to you for bucking the trend in the deplorable quality of "dance" music that usually emanates from Irish radio.

here here wertz,love RnaGs set but sometimes found it always wasn't on for some reason,maybe wrong frequency or somethin.But yeah agree music is top class when I can find it.

About donal dineen,can't say his music is boring,just interesting.But his low-tone voice along with lo-fi tunes would help you snooze alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    If talkradio is your thing, Richard Bacon on BBC Five Live, Mon-Thurs 10-1am always has a half decent show.

Well if you're talkign online radio 10-1 is the time that Ozzie radio are doig breakfast show. I often listen to Kyle and Jackie-O, they sometimes ahave Brian McFadden sitting in with them. The affectionately refer to him as McFadden - brilliant! Completely take the mick out of him. And Jackie is quite the fox too http://www.2dayfm.com.au/shows/kyleandjackieo

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭windowcleaner

BrianD wrote: »
    ... or John Caddell for Bedrock on Phantom 105.2 between 10pm and 1am weeknights.

Phantom 105.2 Dublin, nationwide on NTL/Chorus 935 and around the world on phantom.ie (best quality web streams of any Irish radio station).

Worst radio show on the planet, mate. Guy hasn't a clue about new music - every show is a Squeeze/Paul mcCartenyu2 love-in. Give this show to someone like derek byrne and be done with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement