Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

adding driver to insurance policy short term

Options
  • 02-07-2008 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all, Quick question.
    Recently my boyfriend had his driving test and needed to use my car to do it (he has insurance policy in own name but long story his car in for repair and he had changed own policy several times to cover other cars he drove in meantime)
    I phoned my company (Eagle Star) and was told that as a courtesy to policy holders they can add a provisional licence driver for 48 hours.
    Following day I called them to add him and was then told there was a €55 charge to do this. Explained had not been told this and was told by not very friendly girl that charge was there and that was that basically.
    Does anyone know do other insurance companies charge for this? Was only 48hours so €55 seemed expensive to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yes doesn't matter how long its for, its a fee for the paper work they have to do, although quinn didn't charge my brother to put his girlfriend on his policy for a month

Advertisement