Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Gaming PC

Options
  • 02-07-2008 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

ok heres the deal, Im sick of my current setup. its just impractical.

I have my xbox360, ps3 all sorted on my 50" 1080i HDTV and i think its about time i get to playing my PC games here too. Besides the obvious reasons of keeping all gaming stuff together, and on the biggest screen around here, i use linux day-in-day-out and i dont want windows xp even touching my programming box anymore.

So....

Anyone got any ideas what to get? Think HTPC, but no need to watch tv, just play games. But it has to be as silent (cough) as an Xbox360, or if possible, quieter so i can take out my earplugs.

the only thing thats decided is a QuadCore with 4Gig DDR2 or DDR3. The rest, we'll see what you help me decide :)

Advertisement