Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Finance when buying privately

Options
  • 02-07-2008 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi,

I was told today by one of the major car finance companies that they never finance private sales and that it must be through a garage. Just wondering if others come across this and if there are tips for getting around it. Really limits people from buying privately either here or in the UK. I'm planning on buying in the UK btw.

Appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Hi,

I was told today by one of the major car finance companies that they never finance private sales and that it must be through a garage. Just wondering if others come across this and if there are tips for getting around it. Really limits people from buying privately either here or in the UK. I'm planning on buying in the UK btw.

Appreciate any feedback.

Could you just get a personal loan instead from one of the banks or Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just get a car loan from the bank or credit union!

Advertisement