Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Unholy Alliance

• 02-07-2008 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Is anyone else living in hope that the UA tour will come across the water to us in Dublin this year ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

wouldn't mind seeing slayer again but i could take or leave the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Depends on the price, i've seen them 5 times and the last time for me wasn't much...they keep bringing Mastodon over as support, 3 times they've played here with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Which Bands are involved this year ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭nehpets5555

As far as i've been told , it will not come here.They were unable to get a venue at the time they wanted.. and the fact the point is under renovation doesnt help
    bands involved

Slayer
    Trivium
    Mastadon
    Amon Amarth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Unholy Alliance? Sounds like a bad wrestling tag team.

I wish Slayer would change their show, I'm a bit tired of the whole "This is a song 'bout a man named... ...Ed" "This is a song about... ...war" intro to every bleedin tune.

Mastodon are the only even remotely interesting band in that line up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

the set could do with some mixing up too.......don't know why you'd continually bring the same band on every tour you do, takes away any variety in the night.....
    Amon Amarth is definitely a good addition to this one, pity the Point (The O2 as it will now be known) won't be open until Dec, they could do it in the Odyssey, or a marquee in the Phoenix Park ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Went to the last one (2006?). Slayer were pretty decent but Lamb of God just blew them away.

According to the line-up;

Slayer - wouldn't mind seeing them again
    Trivium - no f*ckin way
    Mastadon - meh 50/50 on these guys
    Amon Amarth - hell f*ckin' yeah.

Would have to be on in The Point (not gonna call it The O2.....yet....I may eventually, but not yet. But that's for another popular thread.)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'd be more inclined to go see Amon Amarth on their own than go see them with the rest of this lot. Still a bit of a night out if it heads this direction though.

Advertisement