Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things I Dislike About Carlow

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Say what? Have you any info on this or a link?

Yeah more info on this please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

tombull82 wrote: »
    Yeah more info on this please

It's a huge deal to extend a town or county boundary and requires agreement on all sides. I doubt the poster is correct here.
    i don't think Laois coco would like to give up those rates too easily somehow!

What i find dissapointing about Carlow is the run down of Tullow st over the past decade or so. it's shocking that a once thriving and strong street be allowed decline the way it has. Empty units and general stagnation. It was a huge error of judgement on Carlow town councils part. Plans for the Crottys site were not followed through unfortunately as they should have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

mfitzy wrote: »
    It's a huge deal to extend a town or county boundary and requires agreement on all sides. I doubt the poster is correct here.
    i don't think Laois coco would like to give up those rates too easily somehow!

What i find dissapointing about Carlow is the run down of Tullow st over the past decade or so. it's shocking that a once thriving and strong street be allowed decline the way it has. Empty units and general stagnation. It was a huge error of judgement on Carlow town councils part. Plans for the Crottys site were not followed through unfortunately as they should have been.

I'm Still waiting for the roof over tullow street to appear. :rolleyes:

Seriously thought I did actually think that would have been a good idea, and if they done it right it would not have had to cost an arm and a leg.

Although CoCo doing something right would be a wonder anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

The only thing carlow is really missing for the size and population of the town is a General Hospital couldn't beleive it when i moved in 2 years ago wtf like :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

From the perspective of the town itself, it's walkability factor is a great plus.
    You can be from Braun/O'Brien Rd./O'Hanrahans/Dr.Cullen Pk. into Barrack St. in 10 Mins. MAXIMUM.
    Another 10 takes you out to the College.
    From Burrin St. to say The Elms on Athy Rd. it's 15 Mins. max.
    From Fairgreen via Hoseys down to Graiguecullen Bridge does it in 15 mins.
    It's a compact town & there's a lot to see on all the routes.
    I particularly like the Presbyterian Church opposite the Co. Council Offices & the other Church (denomination of which escapes me) on L.H.S. after them Offices.
    The Franciscan Friary on Dublin St.'s another visual highlight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Dislikes about Caaaaarrrlaaaa
    wow!!! Thats like asking.. what do you dislike about a fractured kull...

The way people speak is incredibly annoying, but not just the accent, the actual manner in which many Carlow Town inhabitants communicate with each other.

No local town bus.. if you want to shop on tullow st, then maybe fairgreen, and its raining and you dont have a car.. you have a very long 20 miniute wet journey ahead of you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

madonna123 wrote: »
    No local town bus.. if you want to shop on tullow st, then maybe fairgreen, and its raining and you dont have a car.. you have a very long 20 miniute wet journey ahead of you..
    Useta have a local bus-service. J.J. operated it. Not sure why stopped but guess it was simple economics.
    Still a few bus-stop signs around the town afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

The way people speak is incredibly annoying, but not just the accent, the actual manner in which many Carlow Town inhabitants communicate with each other.

20 minutes? How slow do you walk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

20minutes from tullow street to fairgreen?!?!?!

5 minutes more like..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

its 3mins to fairgreen from tullow st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

fractured kull...

what's a fractured kull??? :p

can you clarify what you mean by that? i think its a certain type of carlow person you're talking about here (not a fan of generalisations)....and tbh every town in the country has those

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

There are always umbrella's too, sort of a necessity for those on foot :p

Didnt the bus stop because it was getting valdalised, at certain areas of the town it was being stoned and damaged on a number of occasions, thats what I heard anyway.

Didnt the bus stop because it was getting valdalised, at certain areas of the town it was being stoned and damaged on a number of occasions, thats what I heard anyway.

yeah i did hear something to that effect. plus it was very unreliable with regards to times...ie. the bus driver had been know to stop the bus with passengers, in order to have his mid-morning snack!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Nead21 wrote: »
    the bus driver had been know to stop the bus with passengers, in order to have his mid-morning snack!

Haha, thats brilliant! Where else would you get it eh?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 starfish1

the traffic lights on shamrock square are piddling me off-they're not working again and people don't know when to go. Someone is going to crash there soon...

And the advertisements for "Carlow Shopping Centre" on the radio.....yeah its worth the trip alright

traffic lights were out on saturday too, and there were some cars just speeding through the junction presuming they had the right of way. defo going to cause an accident soon.

Advertisement