Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bangles

Options
  • 03-07-2008 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Anyone here see the Bangles at Vicar Street tonight??? Great show, they seemed to really love it too!! They were blown away by the voices singing Eternal Flame!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

hi daisy

yeah, it was a great show.
    was front & centre - right between Vicki & Susanna's mics so got some good photos & a special momento as well :D

nice that they mentioned The Jades as well.

Susanna during Eternal Flame:

bangles_vicar-st_DSCF2351.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Tommy the Cat

Is Hoffs still looking hot?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Twenty-two years on, and well worth the wait. They were excellent. They gave the people what they wanted, and if the people wanted to see Susanna Hoffs in a non-existant black babydoll dress, they got that too.

They played all the hits, all the classic album tracks, they interacted with the audience, they rocked the house, they looked great, they were very tight and it cost less than half the price of most gigs these days, so I can't complain. EUR31.50, really is getting more Bang(le) for your Buck.

Set list:

Hazy Shade of Winter
    All About You
    Live
    Manic Monday
    In a Different Light
    If She Knew What She Wants
    Restless
    Some Dreams Come True
    Stealing Rosemary
    Be With You
    September Gurls
    Going Down To Liverpool
    Eternal Flame
    Single By Choice
    Watching The Sky
    Ride The Ride
    In Your Room

Walk Like An Egyptian
    Hero Takes A Fall

Pushin' Too Hard

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Just realised should have put this in Gigs and Events!! Was wondering why I couldn't find it!

Thund3rbird_, were you the guy that got the plectrum/pick???

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

daisy123 wrote: »

Thund3rbird_, were you the guy that got the plectrum/pick???

yup - that was me

having it handed to me by Susanna was the best part of the night !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I got a snare drum head signed by the three of them, each with with a few doodles. Debbi did a peace logo, Vicki did a few hearts, and Susanna did what looks like a cloud with wings (?!?!). I'll get it framed eventually.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Any more piccies ? I was there as well but didn't have camera with me. They looked and sounded great. crowd were well into it.

Advertisement