Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cert of Ownership

Options
  • 03-07-2008 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

I'm changing my car tomorrow morning with an Alfa dealer in Tallaght in the morning but the thing is I can't find my cert of ownership!!!:mad:

We signed off on the finance the other day and all that malarky.

So, being stressed and wanting my car, I text the salesman and he wrote back, "Its just 12 euro to replace it nothing major to worry about".

I get the impression he'll still do the deal tomorrow. What do others think?

Does anyone have any experience of this? Will the dealer still go ahead or wait for the cert? When I bought the car originally, I was waiting 2 months or so for the cert to come. I can't wait that long for it to be issued to get the car.

Your thoughts would be great fully appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Get an RF134 form stamped from your local Garda station. Not sure of the address but the motor taxation office should be able to process it for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I had to get a replacement one a while back, As Hal1 said send off the form and it'll take about a week.

Make a photocopy before you send it as well so you have proof to show the garage.

I'd say the dealer is more interested in getting your cash than the cert, he knows your trade-in isn't going to shift that quickly in a slow market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Its sorted.

Didn't find it but the trade in goes ahead regardless.

Happy Dayz

Advertisement