Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird guy harrassing women on Henry St.

Options
  • 03-07-2008 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Anybody seen this guy?
    Hes young, looks to be about late teens, early 20's, hes a black guy, dresses in stereotypical 'gangsta' clothes (trousers hanging around his ankles, hoodie up). Ive seen him a few times on Henry St now, and he just follows women up and down the street trying to talk to them. I saw him at it again this morning around 8am, he was following a young woman who looked a bit scared, she stopped to ask a guy in a suit something, obviously hoping the weirdo would leave her alone. He walked on when she stopped to talk to the guy, but i took a look over my shoulder after i passed them, and sure enough after she started walking again he was back walking alonside her trying to talk to her. Anyone seen this guy or know what his deal is, or has he harrassed you??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

0ubliette wrote: »
    Anybody seen this guy?
    Hes young, looks to be about late teens, early 20's, hes a black guy, dresses in stereotypical 'gangsta' clothes (trousers hanging around his ankles, hoodie up). Ive seen him a few times on Henry St now, and he just follows women up and down the street trying to talk to them. I saw him at it again this morning around 8am, he was following a young woman who looked a bit scared, she stopped to ask a guy in a suit something, obviously hoping the weirdo would leave her alone. He walked on when she stopped to talk to the guy, but i took a look over my shoulder after i passed them, and sure enough after she started walking again he was back walking alonside her trying to talk to her. Anyone seen this guy or know what his deal is, or has he harrassed you??

Nope... but there is a man that offers me an Irish passport if i would marry him:eek:(he's normally around Henry st or Jervis luas stop)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I think I know he you are talking about. If it's the same guy then he is only pestering people to buy those scratch cards for some cancer society of something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

raheny red wrote: »
    I think I know he you are talking about. If it's the same guy then he is only pestering people to buy those scratch cards for some cancer society of something like that.

Was approached by some little punk about a week ago. Held up the ID and all, I waved him on and it was only in hindsight that I realised he was holding a passport sized photo over the pic on the ID card. Lil git :D

But this guy sounds like a complete ar$ehole! Is it around the same time period that he does this. He has to be touched in the head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

raheny red wrote: »

i wouldnt think so to be honest,at 8am, following someone down the street annoying them so much they stop and try to get a stranger to help?? Thats the most persistent card salesman ive ever seen so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Anybody seen this guy?
    Hes young, looks to be about late teens, early 20's, hes a black guy, dresses in stereotypical 'gangsta' clothes (trousers hanging around his ankles, hoodie up). Ive seen him a few times on Henry St now,

Most likely he's lost, please direct him back to the Moore St. 'Hood to hang with da rest o' his Gansta bro.

• Advertisement

Mairt wrote: »
    Most likely he's lost, please direct him back to the Moore St. 'Hood to hang with da rest o' his Gansta bro.

tbh they are not on Moore st anymore...

They are now everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

i wouldnt think so to be honest,at 8am, following someone down the street annoying them so much they stop and try to get a stranger to help?? Thats the most persistent card salesman ive ever seen so! :D

A few years ago they used to all be like that, they'd follow you the whole length of the street wreckin your head til you managed to slip down a side street (they aren't allowed sell scratch cards outside their designated area). They're not like that anymore, probably got one too many punches thrown their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If he's selling scratch cards for the Hanley Centre, he's being doing it for a couple of years now and he's one of thier biggest sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I've seen a guy (who fits the description) on Grafton Street 3 times now as I was passing by .. and he's always stopping women ... normally I'm passing by fairly quickly .. but the women really didn't look like they wanted to talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

forbairt wrote: »
    I've seen a guy (who fits the description) on Grafton Street 3 times now as I was passing by .. and he's always stopping women ... normally I'm passing by fairly quickly .. but the women really didn't look like they wanted to talk to him.

I know this guy, he followed me halfway down Grafton Street one day screaming my name that my stupid friend had told him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I was stopped last month by a black american guy on Henry street who handed me a cd/dvd of christian music and then asked for a small voluntary donation to cover cost cd/dvd.

I was stopped last month by a black american guy on Henry street who handed me a cd/dvd of christian music and then asked for a small voluntary donation to cover cost cd/dvd.

Oh yeah i have been stopped by your man as well, very decent IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yeah he followed me and my friend down grafton street before and a good bit of the way to pearse street dart!

Advertisement