Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for a roadie helmet?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

I have a good mountain bike type helmet (peak etc) that I use for off road and commuting at the moment but want to get something with a few more vents and maybe a bit lighter weight for road riding.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

I got a Giro Monza on CRC

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15982

Cant go wrong- cheap, comfortable gootd ventilation and looks pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Shain BK100 -best value out there :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've a Specialized Decibel, which I bought purely for the venting and I'm pretty happy with. Was a big improvement on the Bell model, whose name escapes me, that I had before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I've got a Spiuk Nexion helmet and its superb. Has 22 vents and is very light and comfortable. Somehow it manages to be perfectly cool in the heat and yet nice and warm in the winter. These helmets come with a detachable visor however mine (in the Illes Balears-Caisse d'Espargne
    colours) doesnt actually have the means to take the visor.

Write up here:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2005/reviews/spiuk_nexion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have the Giro Pnenumo in silver/white. The visor helps keep some sun/rain out of my eyes.

I like the padding/netting on the Spuik helmets.
    I like the forehead vent on Specialized helmets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

daymobrew wrote: »
    I have the Giro Pnenumo in silver/white. The visor helps keep some sun/rain out of my eyes.

I like the padding/netting on the Spuik helmets.
    I like the forehead vent on Specialized helmets.

Am i right in saying the visor on this is detachable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Funny, I just bought a Selev Matrix on probikekit today. Vat free, happy days.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Vat free, happy days.

How'd you manage that? I know the prices quoted are ex-Vat, but they always add the VAT to the final total of my orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Don't think there's VAT in the UK on bicycle helmets. Another win by CTC no doubt. Whether I get charged for VAT here on delivery is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Am i right in saying the visor on this is detachable ?
    Yes it is. And it adjusts up and down a little too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

Thanks for all the advice I placed an order for a Giro Atmos last night from wiggle (€40 euro cheaper than cycle super store).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sleight of hand

Shain BK100 -best value out there :)

Ordered this helmet Monday and received it Wednesday (excellent service). Very happy with it and agree that its "best value out there". Thanks 'TinyExplosions'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Ordered this helmet Monday and received it Wednesday (excellent service). Very happy with it and agree that its "best value out there". Thanks 'TinyExplosions'.

No bother mate, I'm happy with mine, and Kenmc has one too

Advertisement